Search similar:

uniqs
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

just 5% of all Verizon users use 4G

Pretty simple

you take a family of 4 that uses regular phones that would like to use smartphones but do not need the data plan since they can use Wi-Fi or they just don't need data. Now since data plans are mandatory and Verizon cheapest plan is $30 per phone that's an extra $120 a month or $1440 a year for service. And Verizon wants to know why customers don't upgrade? Offering to double data I don't want/need/use doesn't mean a whole lot. Bad enough these companies charge 1000X the cost of a text message. Here's an idea since texts is just data make texting part of the data package. Also offer something lower than $30 a month.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

they should also introduce unlimited international texting for not too much. Even Canucks can get it from Rogers but not we Americans from Verizon or at&t.

whats strange, at&t's long distance int messaging plan only offers 100 for $10, while for roaming texting plan they offer bigger packages.

Not counting free alternatives like imessage, AIM or textfree, I think its just cheaper to get feature prepaid phone if you wanna just text abroad a lot.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080 to 88615298

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

Pretty simple

you take a family of 4 that uses regular phones that would like to use smartphones but do not need the data plan since they can use Wi-Fi or they just don't need data. Now since data plans are mandatory and Verizon cheapest plan is $30 per phone that's an extra $120 a month or $1440 a year for service. And Verizon wants to know why customers don't upgrade? Offering to double data I don't want/need/use doesn't mean a whole lot. Bad enough these companies charge 1000X the cost of a text message. Here's an idea since texts is just data make texting part of the data package. Also offer something lower than $30 a month.

If you're THAT interested in saving money, there are PREPAID plans that use Verizon towers such as Straight Talk (for $45 per month). Why spend $120 and be in contract hell for 2 years? The only way you lose your number is if you don't pay for monthly service for 1 month OR choose to cancel service w/o tranferring the number elsewhere. The B/S about customer service is quite blown out of proportion. Priciest phones end off around $300 (average $100-$250 for feature & smart phones). They will eventually hit you with a limit/warning on data, but it's not like $10/gb overages, while your paying a contract carrier so much money already and they want more..
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by tmc8080:

If you're THAT interested in saving money, there are PREPAID plans that use Verizon towers such as Straight Talk (for $45 per month).

In my area wal-mart only sells at&t phone for straight talk even though there is zero 3G coverage for at&t. And even if they sold Verizon phones their selection is limited. Can I get a Droid Razer Maxx on Straight Talk? Nope. Hell can I use my CURRENT phone on straight talk? Nope. Why not?