All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
FallMonkey
join:2009-11-06
Flushing, NY

FallMonkey

Does this mean hope for North Flushing, possibly?

I live at Franklin Ave, between Kissena and Bowne street, and with Zip 11355 as a North Flushing area. The nearest Fios cluster is like 4 blocks away, though it means nothing. On the day I moved here, when I was a Verizon customer and tried to move the service to my new location, I found that the maximum speed was actually even lower than 3mega as DSL(1.5mega indeed) due to old infrastructure here, thus I changed to TWC.

Nevertheless, for the past three years I kept checking various sources of Fios, and the most updated one is the reply I had from a Verizon rep in a Verizon local store nearby( funny that it advertises Fios while most buildings near it have no access to it): I need to wait for apartment's owner to have them get the agreement with Verizon to put Fios inside the building. And then it came to this March.

Since the end of Feb, I've witnessed heavy activity of Verzion trucks in the block I live, both on my side and the opposite side across the avenue. Since I could only take a glance when I rush for class, I've yet to see some serious construction of cables or wires around those poles and suspender. Unlike the random truck appearance near the block before, this time it is literally heavy, so that you can see more than four big construction trucks stopping at different locations inside this small blocks, everyday since this month. Also sometimes I see people measuring and noting stuff, with uniform that has word like"new york" and "local" on it.

Because of the ignorance of actual construction of Fios(what am I supposed to see?), and the possibilities that they're just upgrading the old phone lines to a better one, can anyone shed some light on a better explanation of their recent emergence?

FYI: »a841-dotweb01.nyc.gov/pe ··· Form.asp
Based on the permits list, there're tons of permits covering my area, of type :MAJOR INSTALLATIONS - TELEPHONE. From what I've read in other threads.... Fios, please?

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

Good chance it's FiOS.