uniqs
share rss forum feed

FF4me

@verizon.net

Android Tablet Market Share

The IDC thinks Android tablets will pass the iPad in 2015. [Image Source: IDC]

FYI -

From DailyTech:

Tom Mainelli, research director, Mobile Connected Devices states, "As the sole vendor shipping iOS products, Apple will remain dominant in terms of worldwide vendor unit shipments. However, the sheer number of vendors shipping low-priced, Android-based tablets means that Google's OS will overtake Apple's in terms of worldwide market share by 2015. We expect iOS to remain the revenue market share leader through the end of our 2016 forecast period and beyond."

The IDC Group is now predicting Android to pass iOS in tablet market share by 2015.

The firm's charts completely dismiss the major new player that will be coming to the market later this year -- tablets powered by Microsoft Corp.'s Windows 8. The IDC does not even mention Windows 8 tablets or give any reasoning for the seeming snub.

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6
But, but, but what about the PlayBook?

* snicker
--
It’s not dark yet, but it’s getting there.

howardfine

join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO
reply to FF4me
This is the same group that said Windows phones will outself iPhones in three years.

FF4me

@verizon.net
said by howardfine:

This is the same group that said Windows phones will outself iPhones in three years.

True. IDC: Windows Phones to Overtake iPhone iOS by 2015 - Jun 12, 2011:

The Windows operating system for smartphones is expected to gain market share in the next few years thanks to Nokia, eventually leapfrogging the iOS system used on Apple's iPhone. But Google Android will remain atop the field.

Last year, Nokia declared an audacious switch to Windows Phone for its mobile devices. This is what fuels IDC's predictions, although IDC hopes Nokia's take-up of Microsoft's mobile OS will be trouble-free.

While the smartphone market has been growing, Microsoft's market share has been plummeting.

howardfine

join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO
I wouldn't lie to ya'.

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
reply to FF4me
said by FF4me :

The IDC thinks Android tablets will pass the iPad in 2015.

Yep. They think Window Phone 7 will pass iPhone in 2015.

I am beginning to wonder what those guys are smoking. And if I can get some of it.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

FF4me

@verizon.net
said by JohnInSJ:

I am beginning to wonder what those guys are smoking. And if I can get some of it.

I am beginning to wonder what those guys are smoking how much money those guys are making. And if I can get some of it.

FF4me

@verizon.net
said by JohnInSJ:

They think Window Phone 7 will pass iPhone in 2015.

said by Wikipedia :

According to Gartner, 1.7 million smartphones using a Microsoft mobile OS were sold world wide in the second quarter of 2011, for a 1.6% market share. In the third quarter of 2011, Microsoft's world wide market share dropped slightly to 1.5%. In the fourth quarter however market share increased to 1.9%. However it should be noted that such reports include both Windows Phone and Windows Mobile marketshare under the same "Microsoft mobile OS" banner, and do not make the distinction of separating the marketshare values of the two.

Studies carried out by Nielsen Company indicated that in the US, WP7 had a smart phone market share of 1% each in the periods March to May, and May to July 2011. For Q3 2011, Nielsen reported a US market share of 1.2% for WP7, which rose to 1.4% in Q4 2011.