uniqs
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

[ALL] Rapidshare, Fileserve etc..

Are services like these being throttled? I notice that lately it's been slow (and yes, I have a premium account) To the point where it's almost dial up speeds and I tried a few different services and it's insane.

I feel like we should be getting top speed no matter what we do. If the RIAA/MPAA stops daming us, I might be inclined to start buying a CD or two.. (note. I bought more CD's thanks to the old napster after downloading one or two songs from an album)

-Rob
ShiftDelete
Premium Member
join:2011-11-16
CA

ShiftDelete

Premium Member

said by Rob_:

Are services like these being throttled? I notice that lately it's been slow (and yes, I have a premium account) To the point where it's almost dial up speeds and I tried a few different services and it's insane.

Yup, See below. It appears rapidshare and others are doing the throttling to drive people into premium plans.

»torrentfreak.com/rapidsh ··· -120224/
FourWheelKid
join:2006-03-03
Lafayette, LA

FourWheelKid

He said he has a premium plan, it would be somewhat hard to drive one to a premium plan when they're already on said plan...
ShiftDelete
Premium Member
join:2011-11-16
CA

ShiftDelete

Premium Member

said by FourWheelKid:

He said he has a premium plan, it would be somewhat hard to drive one to a premium plan when they're already on said plan...

Good point. I must have missed that part.
ShiftDelete

ShiftDelete to Rob_

Premium Member

to Rob_
What does a traceroute show? Also, some providers allow you to change the server location used, which can help improve speeds. RS may offer this since you are a premium subscriber.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Not sure, they have 10,000 servers so it's hard to tell. I should be getting 50 megs down but sometimes, I don't..