Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

PaulTech
Premium
join:2012-03-15
Napa, CA

Westell 7550 & Dlink DIR-825

Hi, I bridged the AT&T Westell 7550 and setup the Dlink DIR-825 with PPPoE. The DLINK Gateway was changed to the 10.X.X.1 range and the Westell Gateway was originally 192.168.1.194.

I noticed when I checked the ipconfig that two Gateway's are listed for the NIC and one was 10.X.X.1 and I'm pretty sure the other was 192.168.1.194 Everything seems to be operating fine except that the Westell "Service" light is red quite often even though the Internet is staying connected but I'm wandering about performance or if I should make some changes? Thanks for any help!

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1
The default ip address of the 7550 is 192.168.1.254

The service light can also be called a internet light
When the 7550 is in bridge mode the service light is not illuminated

Can you post a picture of the ipconfig window that shows two default gateways

PaulTech
Premium
join:2012-03-15
Napa, CA
When I pwr cycled it went out completely so I don't think it had bridged until I did that. After that the double Gateway on the NIC went away.

I ran into another issue. I like to use the 10.x.x.x range for private networks and when I changed the DLINK DIR-825 to that range the WAN PPPoE only worked for a while and then the connection stopped. I put the private IP range back to 192.168.x.x range and the WAN established and the connection was maintained. I did have to unbridge and bridge the Westell first. Is this an AT&T requirement, or is it as simple as being off their Network their ISP service cannot be reached?

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1

1 recommendation

I'm not certain of this......
The netgear is very very simular to the westell and the westell required a reboot for any configuration changes

You must always end the current pppoe session before making a change like you did.......failure to do that can cause authentication problems

I don't think the private subnet used has any effect on the pppoe client or the pppoe session