Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JimRPh
Premium
join:2009-08-25
Gulf Breeze, FL

[FL] Mediacom s*cks yet again

Two days ago my internet and cable went out. Turns out Mediacom found my lines were producing noise and disconnected them without letting me know. I knew my wiring was old and in poor shape, but not that it was producing noise for others. I will be replacing it. I got my internet back by moving my modem to a previously unused room that they left connected. I still have no TV and have missed a few shows. Sadly, renting the HD shows I missed costs $3 apiece. I HATE Mediacom. The only reason they are still in business is that they have a monopoly in the area. Otherwise, there would be a stampede away from them. I'm actually unsure whether to simply request a discount on my bill or take them to small claims court. I'm so tired of their poor quality service and their uncaring attitude.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:116
Your frustration is completely understandable. I checked the modem and am seeing some pretty bad signal levels. We will want to get a technician out to resolve this and I can escalate if necessary. Keep me posted if you would like a time scheduled and I will IM you some available times.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to JimRPh
*Edit* Double post

JimRPh
Premium
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to MediacomChad
Thanks, but the technician was here a short while ago, telling me what had happened, which is how I knew to get my internet back and then write my initial post. That seems to be the end of Mediacom's efforts. I wanted to rip the CEO's head off, and place it on a pole by my junction box, but I settled for venting in a post. I know it's not he same, and certainly doesn't achieve the same feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment, but it did make me feel a little better. Now, I just have to find a reputable electrician. I had already purchased new wiring, cover-plates, and wall-jacks back when I was told my old wiring was slowing my internet speed. However, I've been ill and not working much, so I'd put off the actual installation, not realizing my wiring was causing anyone else problems. I envy my friends about ten miles away who have Cox cable.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Well I would hate to see you go through any more grief. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you and I will do my best to make sure the situation is taken care of.

Cheese
Premium
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL
kudos:1
reply to JimRPh
You actually put a * in place of a u in sucks?

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
reply to JimRPh
Your wiring can cause major problems and most of the time you will have a signal leak (if something comes in, most likely our signal is going out) and depending on the amount of noise/signal leak Mediacom may need to disconnect your wiring from the plant. Most of the time a tech will either knock and see if you're home or they will leave a note at your door or mail it to you. Keep in mind they don't have the time to redo your wiring (most of them are system techs and not in house techs so an appointment may be needed).

This is not done to piss you off or just because a tech felt like doing it. When it comes to signal leaks Mediacom is legally required to fix those ASAP.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

JimRPh
Premium
Gulf Breeze, FL
We were home, and saw the truck going down the street stopping at junction boxes. A knock or a call would have been appreciated.

JimRPh
Premium
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to Cheese
Yes, I did not want my message filtered out.

Cheese
Premium
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL
kudos:1
said by JimRPh:

Yes, I did not want my message filtered out.

I don't think "sucks" is going to filter out your message....