spc
uniqs
borntochill
join:2003-02-09
united state

borntochill to Trimline

to Trimline

Re: [Equipment] For Those Looking for an Atom Based PC For Aster

The Foxconn nT435H Book-size Intel Atom D425 barebones kit was on sale yesterday at Newegg for just $89.99 with a promo code. Dude!

»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 56119051

I ordered one. When it arrives I'll throw a stick of RAM and a used laptop drive in it and take it out for a spin with PiaF 2. I think it's back to $129 today but various flavors of these Foxconn kits go on sale periodically at Newegg so this probably isn't your last opportunity to pick one up on the cheap.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

Are you shitting me? I signed up for price alerts, and they didn't send me squat. I've even been checking NewEgg daily. Bastards.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin to borntochill

MVM

to borntochill
They have a forum to share deals like that. I've picked up a few good things. I have it in my favorites so I see any new posts.

»Hot Deals
borntochill
join:2003-02-09
united state

borntochill to nunya

to nunya
said by nunya:

Are you shitting me? I signed up for price alerts, and they didn't send me squat. I've even been checking NewEgg daily. Bastards.

The problem with the Newegg price alerts is that they won't help if the discount is delivered through a promo code, which was the case yesterday. The price was still $129.99 but the code knocked $40 off in the shopping cart.

I found the deal on FatWallet last night just before I went to sleep and probably barely beat the deal deadline. You might want to put a Foxconn price alert with FW too in case somebody posts the deal there next time.
borntochill

borntochill to billaustin

to billaustin
said by billaustin:

They have a forum to share deals like that. I've picked up a few good things. I have it in my favorites so I see any new posts.

»Hot Deals

That Hot Deals forum seems awfully low traffic. I don't think a lot of people read it. If I hear about another Foxconn deal, I'll be sure to post it on this forum which does get a fair amount of traffic.

UHF
All static, all day, Forever
MVM
join:2002-05-24

UHF to borntochill

MVM

to borntochill
said by borntochill:

The Foxconn nT435H Book-size Intel Atom D425 barebones kit was on sale yesterday at Newegg for just $89.99 with a promo code.

I saw that too, but I had recently bought an Intel D525MW mobo with a rackmount case that Newegg had on sale for $109. I still need a power supply and a stick of DDR3 before I put it to use.