uniqs
share rss forum feed

floydb1982

join:2004-08-25
Kent, WA

[IE] Adobe Reader X screwed up IE9

Click for full size
After Adobe Reader X install
After installing Adobe Reader X it has screwed up up IE9 on a few websites. This is what Yahoo home page looks like now. Is there a fix without getting rid of Adobe Reader X??? I need to have Reader X installed on my computer.

Also I am not able to order anything on the Walmart website because I can only get as far as entering the shipping address and then I I cleck on the buttom to continue with my order but IE Just stays on the shipping address section.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

I wonder if it is some kind of setting or plug-in inside of IE9 that may be different, as I have reader X (Version 10.1.2 to be exact), and I have no problems with IE9, either the 32 or the 64 bit version.

I know in my case, I have turned off most (if not all) of the Toolbars, Search Providers, etc. I can do screen shots if you want, but I believe the only Add-on that I have running is Flash.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

psafux
Premium,VIP
join:2005-11-10
kudos:2
reply to floydb1982

I would first and foremost remove all toolbars. It may not resolve the issue but I hate toolbars, they are worthless.

I would reset the browser and, if needed, uninstall/reinstall Reader.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31
kudos:2
reply to floydb1982

This may be a totally off the wall shot in the dark, but try going to the file menu in Adobe Reader X, and under: Edit/Preferences/Internet, uncheck "Display PDF in Browser" (If it is in fact checked).
Not really sure how this could help, but it's easy enough to try and worth a shot.
--
I had a life once.....now I have a Computer and a Modem.