spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

senrab

join:2012-03-16

Terrible Support! Terrible Service! Terrible Company!

I recently decided to join Acanac. At first it looked like it might be a good company then that all went to the crapper quick!

There was going to be a week wait between when my Rogers service was going to be deactivated to when Acanac was going to be able to set up their service. I called Acanac and after talking with the guy on the phone, he recommended to me that I should cancel with Acanac right now and after I move(which is in a couple of months) I should sign up with Acanac. I said great idea so I called Rogers to extend my service(keep in mind that I NEVER ended up cancelling with them) and I emailed Acanac requesting(in writing on the wednesday before Family day weekend) to cancel my Acanac account. Acanac responded asking "do you mind if I ask you why you want to cancel" Because I went away for family day weekend I never checked my email until I got back so I had to respond to them and tell them that it was the recommendation of your company and that I will join after I move. They AGAIN send me another email saying to email them back AGAIN to confirm that I would like to cancel. I did that but that same day I get a call from a technician asking when a good time is to come over and set my internet up. I told him I already have internet with Rogers but thanks.

After all of that I FINALLY get a refund back which did NOT include the activation fee. I originally was charged $115.15 and they only refunded $58. When I called to find out they told me that my service was activated(which it never was because I never cancelled with Rogers) and that they can not refund the activation because a technician was called out to install my internet. I said that is not my fault, I emailed you guys a week before requesting a cancellation but you guys made me respond two more times to finally cancel. They said "well that is our policy. You should have responded faster".

After emailing and calling I was getting nowhere. The guys on the phone will never let me talk to a manager.

I can not believe a company like this is in business. I wish I would have checked the BBB before I signed up. SOOOO many complaints about them. They charged me for absolutely nothing. To me they basically stole my money. The first email I sent to them requesting in writing to cancel my account should have been enough to cancel but no, I had to respond two more times to finally get it to them.

Lynn
Premium
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON
kudos:7

Unfortunately it is their policy to email back and ask why you are canceling and ask you to confirm cancellation. Main reason is they want to make sure it is you that is requesting the cancellation.
I don't know what agent you were talking to but because you signed up and then wanted to cancel and were going to sign up again after your move, did he also tell you by doing that you are not considered a new customer and would not get the promo price next time you sign up? Once your name is in the system it does not matter where you live because it is one promotion per address or per customer.
Was your order ever processed and by that I mean did they ever send you a user name and password? If not, it should have been as simple as cancelling your order.

senrab

I did receive a user name and password(Acanac was very quick to take my money but giving it back is a different story) but after I cancelled(the first time). The reason the agent on the phone advised me to cancel was because of the moving fee. It is $99(which is just ridiculous in the first place) and for me to have the service for two months and then move and have to pay that, he was trying to save me some money.

I just can't believe a company would just take my money like that. I never had the service in the first place. I don't give a crap if I had a user name and password. I NEVER had internet service from Acanac. I WAS going to sign up after I moved but forget it now.

I wish I read this site before. To think I was ready to pay for a year of service thinking this company was going to be better than Rogers. hahaha. At least Rogers can give a proper refund to their customers.

Lynn
Premium
Trenton, ON

The amount of refund you get back is up to the billing department. They are the ones that make the decision. Do you know the name of the agent that told you to cancel your account and then sign up later after you move ? The reason for the $99.00 charge is because that is what Bell charges us. It is not just a flip of the switch. The Bell tec has to go out and pull the line card and move your service to your new address.
Can you pm me with your user name they gave you or the email on your account so I can look at your account?

senrab

It is NOT my issue that a tech was called. I gave my notice a week before a tech was called. Acanac basally scammed me out of money. Just a BAD company. No wonder there are so many complaints about them. I wonder if the owners actually know what kind of people are running the company for them. This company will not last if it continues to go this way. I personally had 8 of my friends ready to switch to from Bell and Rogers to Acanac but not now. Looks like they will be going with Teksavvy. Every single one of my customers will hear about how bad of a company Acanac is and NO ONE will go to them. A lot of people come to me for computer advice and this is a no brainer. DO NOT sign up with Acanac! The funny thing is its not just me. I can show them TONS of sites about how bad of a company Acanac is. There no rating on BBB just proves it too. Before the 'no rating' it was a F. Serves me right for not checking with them first. I guess my next step is to send my lawyer at them. He has been dying for me to give him the 'ok' to go ahead.

Lynn
Premium
Trenton, ON

Well you have to do what you think is right.

senrab

Well I can't let a company just rip me off with no valid reason other than "its our policy to ask you several times if you want to cancel and then we'll send a tech and charge you for it". What a joke of a company. I can't believe how many bad things I've read about this joke of a company.

Lynn
Premium
Trenton, ON

Re: Acanac Inc.

Please send feedback to feedback@acanac.com

Expand your moderator at work

Viper677
Certified Home Inspector

join:2012-03-22
Toronto
reply to senrab

Re: Terrible Support! Terrible Service! Terrible Company!

Senrab - Trust me, the owner knows about all these things....:)

Lynn
Premium
Trenton, ON

Acanac Inc.

I still wish he would send his user name on email that was on the account so I could have a look at it. For an agent to tell him to cancel to save moving fees is nuts. Especially considering the first move is free and after that it is $25.00 which is cheaper than another install fee.