spc
uniqs
Reallink
join:2004-07-15
Gurley, AL

2 edits

Reallink to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad

Re: [AL] Abysmally slow speeds almost every night.

said by MediacomChad:

There is a large project going on for our Huntsville and surrounding areas to upgrade some of our headends. From what I understand, they are currently working on the construction of a new building to house this equipment. The current completion date is set for mid to late June. We are working to get this done as quick as possible.

Thanks for the heads up at least. Any idea why the local office allowed it to get into a shape this bad--for so long--and lacked the foresight or resources to stop and say "hey, we have to do something" before it became a longstanding issue? I imagine the system has to have been ENORMOUSLY oversold and over utilized to regularly and consistently produce speeds this low. On a related note, do you have any ETA on when this office will transition the remaining (or majority) of their channels from Analog to Digital? They've only converted 5 or 6 channels a few months ago. I gather doing this should help ease the internet issues?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I checked on the dig conversion ETA and from what I understand they're shooting for sometime in April. It is the same ETA for the Daphne system as well. I will keep you posted if that changes

streatorguy
@mchsi.com

streatorguy to Reallink

Anon

to Reallink
the conversion will not help speeds unless they either add or upgrade the cmts's.