join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to gene32

Premium Member

to gene32

Re: Ultra TV Bug Reports

said by gene32:

Streaming audio problems with www.di.fm:

When streaming the 96K WinAmp or 40K Windows Media Player link from www.di.fm, I get frequent audio hiccups or the stream quits after a few minutes. Never had this problem when I was using my Motorola Surfboard cable modem and D-Link router. The day I switched to Ultra TV is when this problem started happening.

To replicate, follow these steps:

Connect PC 1 to the internet (hard wired) through the UTV gateway.

Connect PC 2 to the internet (hard wired) through a Motorola Surfboard cable modem.

Install WinAmp on both PCs and have them both click on this link: »listen.di.fm/public3/vocaltrance.pls

...and then see how long they go without hiccuping/stopping.

I tried other channels on this site and same problem. If your tech people don't want to listen to trance music they can always just mute WinAmp and watch the timer. When WinAmp starts streaming from there, the timer will keep ticking up. If you start it at 12noon and come back an hour later, it should have 60 minutes on the WinAmp display. If it says something like 3:01 (3 minutes, 1 second), this means WinAmp had a problem (hiccup) 3 minutes and 1 second ago and restarted the stream. But I doubt they'll have to wait long. It seems that when I start streaming the audio, within 2-3 minutes it will hiccup. The longest I've had it go was for about 20 minutes but the average is a few minutes.

PS WOW_Dan, I can't say thank you enough for doing such a great job at representing WOW on this board and always helping us out! It's greatly appreciated!

I have an active ticket open with engineers about this one.
gene32
join:2004-05-03
Reynoldsburg, OH

gene32

said by Just_Dan:

said by gene32:

Streaming audio problems with www.di.fm:

When streaming the 96K WinAmp or 40K Windows Media Player link from www.di.fm, I get frequent audio hiccups or the stream quits after a few minutes. Never had this problem when I was using my Motorola Surfboard cable modem and D-Link router. The day I switched to Ultra TV is when this problem started happening.

To replicate, follow these steps:

Connect PC 1 to the internet (hard wired) through the UTV gateway.

Connect PC 2 to the internet (hard wired) through a Motorola Surfboard cable modem.

Install WinAmp on both PCs and have them both click on this link: »listen.di.fm/public3/vocaltrance.pls

...and then see how long they go without hiccuping/stopping.

I tried other channels on this site and same problem. If your tech people don't want to listen to trance music they can always just mute WinAmp and watch the timer. When WinAmp starts streaming from there, the timer will keep ticking up. If you start it at 12noon and come back an hour later, it should have 60 minutes on the WinAmp display. If it says something like 3:01 (3 minutes, 1 second), this means WinAmp had a problem (hiccup) 3 minutes and 1 second ago and restarted the stream. But I doubt they'll have to wait long. It seems that when I start streaming the audio, within 2-3 minutes it will hiccup. The longest I've had it go was for about 20 minutes but the average is a few minutes.

PS WOW_Dan, I can't say thank you enough for doing such a great job at representing WOW on this board and always helping us out! It's greatly appreciated!

I have an active ticket open with engineers about this one.

Thank you very much for the follow up!