join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

1 edit

howardfine to JohnInSJ

to JohnInSJ

Re:  

said by JohnInSJ:

said by howardfine:

Stupid IE requires ActiveX for it to be able to use Ajax and javascript so this might be where the problem lies but why he's getting that error is anyone's guess.

This error is indicating that something on the page is requesting to load an unsigned active X object. Near as I can tell, it has nothing to do with Ajax and Javascript.

In order for IE to do Ajax, the page needs to create an activeX object to access their operating system to make network requests. Modern browsers don't need that non-standard stuff. I'd bet if he used one, FF/Chrome/Opera, the problem wouldn't appear. But he shouldn't be getting that error anyway.
Expand your moderator at work

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ to howardfine

Premium Member

to howardfine

Re:  

said by howardfine:

said by JohnInSJ:

said by howardfine:

Stupid IE requires ActiveX for it to be able to use Ajax and javascript so this might be where the problem lies but why he's getting that error is anyone's guess.

This error is indicating that something on the page is requesting to load an unsigned active X object. Near as I can tell, it has nothing to do with Ajax and Javascript.

In order for IE to do Ajax, the page needs to create an activeX object to access their operating system to make network requests.

This is incorrect, as relates to the OP's post - the warning indicates loading an unsigned (and hence unsafe) active X object FROM THE VISITED SITE. If IE9 needs to load Microsoft signed active X objects from the local machine it will do so without raising this warning, except in the case where the host machine is infected with a virus.