how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

vitesse

join:2002-12-17
Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC

[Mobile] Remove bell apps on Samsung Galaxy S vibrant

Is their a way to remove Bell apps on an samsung Glaxy S vibrant?

This will be used as a company phone and we want to remove everything related to bell.

Seb851
Future Shop Staff

join:2010-07-12
Sainte-Marthe-Sur-Le-Lac, QC

said by vitesse:

Is their a way to remove Bell apps on an samsung Glaxy S vibrant?

This will be used as a company phone and we want to remove everything related to bell.

Root ton téléphone et tu pourras desintaller les application

vitesse

Reviews:
·voip.ms
·ELECTRONICBOX
·Bell Sympatico
·Videotron

With the same rom but only rooting it?
Avec la même rom mais seulement en rootant?

J'irai donc lire les info sur comment procédé alors
--
Connection: ElectronicBox 60mbps / 3mbps
Bilingual DSLR ElectronicBox Forum: »ELECTRONICBOX

zorxd

join:2010-02-05
Quebec, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac

Tu vas trouver plein d'information mais c'est pas aussi compliqué que ça en a l'air.

1. S'assurer que son téléphone est à jour (avec Samsung Kies)

ça devrait écrire UGKG3 comme numéro de version dans les information système. Normalement c'est déjà fait.

2. télécharge puis installe Heimdall
»www.glassechidna.com.au/products/heimdall/

sous windows il faut aussi installer les drivers (pas besoins sous linux)

3. boot ton téléphone en appuyant sur volume bas + home + power

ça devrait être écrit "download" en jaune. branche ton téléphone

4. utilise heimdall pour flasher le kernel suivant :
»bayfiles.com/file/5F79/LZjDqN/zI···3-rooted

Ça ne changera pas ta ROM, c'est le même kernel compilé par Samsung, mais ton téléphone va être rooté.

vitesse

2 edits
reply to vitesse

Gros Gros merci pour les info

Tar Header contain invalid file size sur la rom...

zorxd

Quebec, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac

ouais c'était pour flasher directement comme kernel

heimdall flash --kernel le_nom_du_fichier

sinon voici un "firmware package" qui fait la même chose :

»bayfiles.com/file/5FIT/eafb1u/ug···l.tar.gz

mais qui fera pas de message d'erreur

vitesse

Reviews:
·voip.ms
·ELECTRONICBOX
·Bell Sympatico
·Videotron
reply to vitesse

Grand merci ça à fonctionner Avec mon téléphone personelle j'aurais pas hésité a explorer, mais avec un telephone de cie sortie de la boite, j'étais plus nerveux disons.

j'ai personellement un Google Nexus S et j'ai pas vraiement besoins de rooté. soit que c'est a cause de la marque google, soit parce que videotorn incruste pas leur logiciel dedans.

zorxd

Quebec, QC

c'est toujours possible de revenir au kernel original de toute façon, ça ne laisse aucune trace

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

2 edits
reply to vitesse

Yeah, Root the phone and get SuperUser then you can remove all the unwanted apps, and still keep stock ROM.

SLAMtech

join:2009-12-03
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to vitesse

Telling someone to root there phone when its the first android device is like speaking another language.

I can lead you to a good Rom with step by step instructions. Before you go on you must note two things. You automatically void warranty doing so and I take no responsibility if you brick your phone, but luckily for you its almost impossible to brick a galaxy.

Go to www.darkyrom.com and look for the latest rom for the galaxy s. Follow the correct set of instructions. Your coming from stock so you will have to use a program called Odin to flash the kernel and rom. Get the resurrection edition as its basic and then you can remove and customize your phone any way you want. Make sure you can get into download mode first.

SLAMtech

reply to vitesse

Its pretty simple. My first flash took me about 10 mins after I got the necessary files, and I've been a flashoholic ever since. If you don't flash your galaxy you will never see how good the phone can become. Its way snappier, responsive,and faster on just about everything. One more important thing you will need to remember is you have to reflash the modem file to fit your carrier otherwise you will get very weak signals and then you will call Bell and complain when its completely your fault. The modem for bell is UGKC1. Look it up and you will find it.

vitesse

Reviews:
·voip.ms
·ELECTRONICBOX
·Bell Sympatico
·Videotron
reply to SLAMtech

it's my third android phone.

I had a Google Nexus one then videotron give me free upgrade to a Google Nexus S because of many hardware failure.

But this one will be used at the company and they decided to stick with bell. I needed to remove eveything an employee could use to buy something with this phone and the direct link to the acount of the phone. I don't understand why we need to root a phone to remove this link, but to be honest I haven't call tech service. I think they should program them differently for corporate use.

Anyway the explaination I received in french was adequate and now I have only the basic icon for this phone.

Thanks for all your help.
--

vitesse

Reviews:
·voip.ms
·ELECTRONICBOX
·Bell Sympatico
·Videotron
reply to SLAMtech

BTW I never checked before, but since it is rooted I sued it to map the network with sensorely app. Strangly the phone indicate 3 to 4 bar of signal and Sensorely indicate an average of -109dbm

I definitivly have weak signal with frequent "wait time to load the google map" but don't know if the "problem" is on the phone or sensorly app. Anyway this is only for playing with the phone while I having it.

Will eventually try to root or flash my own phone one day. (Nexus S with ICS)
--

SLAMtech

You definitely need to flash the ugkc1 modem. Look online for the modem file, load it on your phone then flash it from recovery mode. You will see a huge difference in signal strength.

zorxd

Quebec, QC

kc1 is the old modem, kg3 is newer

sas

join:2011-01-28
reply to SLAMtech

said by SLAMtech:

You definitely need to flash the ugkc1 modem. Look online for the modem file, load it on your phone then flash it from recovery mode. You will see a huge difference in signal strength.

My Galaxy S 4g is from Rogers but unlocked. If I want to use it on Bell network, must I flash the ugkc1 modem?

What is the modem file I just want to root it to use on Rogers network? Thanks.

zorxd

Quebec, QC

Do not use UGKC1, it is old, and also not made for your device.
Your Rogers modem will also work with Bell. You only need to unlock your device.