Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

vsoldcrow
Premium
join:2007-07-30
Los Angeles, CA

[Line Problem] Problems with connection in Los Angeles

I've had Earthlink since they took over Netcom and DSL with them for over seven years. Most of my DSL problems for those seven years have been due to ATT's phone lines not Earthlink. Now I get several calls a week from ATT asking me to switch to their DSL. Two days ago, after two calls in less than 24 hrs, my DSL will only stay connected for about 20 min and I have to restart my modem. I've lost connection 2 times in the last 3 hrs. Is ATT trying to force Earthlink off of their system by messing with my service, or are ATT subscribers in the Los Angeles area having problems too.

fred101

join:2012-03-17
I have been experiencing the same issues as well and its getting to the point where I just want to drop uverse. Cant even game with these consistent dc errors!

bbear2
Premium
join:2003-10-06
kudos:5
reply to vsoldcrow
I think AT&T has recently started a phone solicitation campaign. I've been getting their calls too. So I think it's a coincidence.

vsoldcrow
Premium
join:2007-07-30
Los Angeles, CA
I have been on their campaign for over a year with calls from every month to every week to several times a week to 2 in one day. After the second call in 20 hrs my wife and I had a long talk with with the young man and got made it clear how upset we were. No calls for 3 days but our service went to k3ll...

vwoom

join:2008-01-18
San Gabriel, CA
reply to vsoldcrow
I plan to cancel my over 3yr old Basic DSL this end of the month...I expect to be lured back and be added to this "annoyed" AT&T solicitation calls thereafter.But then again, the DSL provider I will switch to "uses AT&T servers", so they might give me a break on solicitations.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to vsoldcrow
if you are having problems with the DSL we are only a forum post away in the direct forum.

Right now it's kind of quiet over there. Between me and MarkM See Profile most people are not even waiting longer than 24 hours from post to response. MarkM See Profile works saturdays so it's been maybe 48 hours on weekends max.

of course it depends on when or what time you post though.
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!