Lost somewhere.
join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC

Farchord to xfinisherx

to xfinisherx

Re: Internet Usage out.... Again...

said by xfinisherx:

Unfortunately.

The only time I actually decide to look it up, its unavailable. Just great.

Just a question... My service contract is coming to an end. Does it work to threaten to cancel and go to Bell or something? Do they actually care?

afaik Cogeco does not do customer retention deals.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Farchord:

They DO have a dept called 'Customer Loyalty', but it's toothless, IMNSHO.

Example : »Any TPIA counter offers from cogeco?

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to Farchord

Premium Member

to Farchord
said by Farchord:

I found Cogeco a bit odd in that regard. When I first called to cancel my residential internet over the $60 overages a while back they spoke to me like they really didn't give a shit. When I called to cancel TV I got the same cold shoulder, but later got a call from retentions offering some concessions to keep my TV business. I was adamant on leaving so it didn't matter.

My call to cancel by business internet also garnered complete indifference. It wouldn't have mattered anyway - at that point I was pretty much bent on being Cogeco-free.

It's not something they like to do, that's for sure, but they do do it from time to time. I think it has to be their idea. I think if you call up and threaten to cancel unless you get some sort of deal or price capitulation it's not likely to happen.

Mike
cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently
join:2011-04-19

cog_biz_user

when i called in to cancel my tv service after the digital changeover, i also got the same "cold shoulder" false humility... "you're leaving? oh, i'm 'sorry' to hear that." etc.

cogeco simply isn't the same company it was 10 years ago.

almost280
@cgocable.net

almost280

Anon

I am approaching my limit and it is only the 17th of the month Cogeco. I really would like to see the meter up so I can closely monitor what is going on.

xfinisherx
join:2011-05-06

xfinisherx

said by almost280 :

I am approaching my limit and it is only the 17th of the month Cogeco. I really would like to see the meter up so I can closely monitor what is going on.

Now by Monday afternoon at the latest it should be up and running according to the MyAccount page. That's good enough.
said by dillyhammer:

said by Farchord:

I found Cogeco a bit odd in that regard. When I first called to cancel my residential internet over the $60 overages a while back they spoke to me like they really didn't give a shit. When I called to cancel TV I got the same cold shoulder, but later got a call from retentions offering some concessions to keep my TV business. I was adamant on leaving so it didn't matter.

My call to cancel by business internet also garnered complete indifference. It wouldn't have mattered anyway - at that point I was pretty much bent on being Cogeco-free.

It's not something they like to do, that's for sure, but they do do it from time to time. I think it has to be their idea. I think if you call up and threaten to cancel unless you get some sort of deal or price capitulation it's not likely to happen.

Mike

Oh goodie... I remember with Bell, they called at least 4 times to try and save their 25yr customer.

Hopefully Cogeco will be nice enough to do something for another 25yr long customer. After all... Its a difference of 15 dollars, and service hasn't gotten any better - Its gotten worse (well.... TV has lost a few channels, excluding the digital conversion, like SUNtv and Peachtree and the CNBC that went on and off of ClearQAM signals, etc etc, Internet hasn't changed at all, and Phone service is alright)

I'm sure I'll be able to make a deal or at least try to. I'll report back later, maybe around the beginning of May, that's after the contract ends (it ends on April 30).