uniqs

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to LazMan

Premium Member

to LazMan

Re: [TV] Further Proof NextBox wasn't ready to launch...

I have seen the "Black Channel" problem here as well, on a non-pvr Cisco 4642HD. Rebooting the box fixes it, but god damn it takes 5 friggin minutes to reboot!!!

Older 8300HD PVR & 3250HD don't have this issue, but they are not running the new interface because they can't.
the cerberus
join:2007-10-16
Richmond Hill, ON

2 edits

the cerberus

said by HiVolt:

I have seen the "Black Channel" problem here as well, on a non-pvr Cisco 4642HD. Rebooting the box fixes it, but god damn it takes 5 friggin minutes to reboot!!!

Older 8300HD PVR & 3250HD don't have this issue, but they are not running the new interface because they can't.

Nah, I've had the same issue on the explorer 8300HD.
However, there is an error that displays on the screen saying the channel is not available, when it works on other explorer 8642 boxes in the house.
Rebooting it is a hassle but it works.
It may have something to do with the switch to SDV.
said by BACONATOR26:

I don't know why you guys want to spend all this money on inferior proprietary software controlled by your cable company. You can build a PC to use as a PVR or just download what you want to watch. It's still cheaper to pay the overage on Rogers internet for bandwidth then it is to buy several settops and pay for the subscription.

Because the CRTC sucks and didnt fight for us to have cablecard, we cannot get all the channels we pay for without the box.
There is a large difference between live tv and recorded tv.
The main example being live sporting events.
Some people enjoy the experience of watching tv, flipping through the channels and watching something at the same time as millions of other people.