spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Xephion

join:2012-03-17

[BC] Telus Actiontec V1000H

I know there has been many postings on this here befor but as always I cant find spesific help on this problem. I have telus with V1000H im running 2 PS3 and 1 Xbox360. All consoles are connected through wireless using a static IP, i wish i could use wired connections but that is not possible in this house at the moment. Now I can only set one DMZ and only forward ports to one address, witch leaves me screwed for the other device, any ideas? on a side note it seems my DMZ isnt working well.

I wish telus gave you the option to just get a modem like i had with shaw thats the only thing I miss about shaw

xeonic
Premium
join:2011-09-03

I don't have multiple consoles, just 1 PS3 and 1 XBOX360. I too was having issues with the Actiontec, here is what I ended up doing:

I took my own router, a WRT54GL running tomato, and assigned the WAN a static IP of 192.168.1.1 and the LAN/Gateway with an IP of 10.0.0.1 set the DHCP to use 10.0.0.100-10.0.0.254. I turned on UPNP and I connected all my devices (non-TV like PCs, laptops, consoles, etc.) to my router. I connected the WAN of my router into one of the LAN ports on the Actiontec.

I turned off the wireless on the Actiontec (I found it to be subpar in the first place) and then I placed my router with IP 192.168.1.1 in the DMZ of the Actiontec. I connected all my TV boxes to the remaining LAN ports on the Actiontec.

This however will create a double NAT which isn't desirable but I used this setup for 6 months and I never had an issue with any console or games on my PC.