uniqs

Pjr
Don't Panic
join:2005-12-11
UK

Pjr to CylonRed

to CylonRed

Re: [Auto] 2012 F1 season begins....

Vettel didn't have much luck at Abu Dhabi last year either...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· mOUchUWA

It should make for an interesting race though.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

He had a lot better luck this year.... last - well nearly last to 3rd - wow. I bet Alonso wishes the race was 3 more laps because he would have won I think, if it had been that much longer.

Lots of incidents and I think Webber got away with one.

Raikkonen was as good as ever on the radio as well:
quote:
When the team advised Raikkonen of the gap between him and his rivals, the Finn was typically blunt: "Leave me alone, I know what to do," he told his engineer.

"Yes, yes, yes, I do it all the time," he added later on when they reminded him to warm the tyres.
Will Buxton on Speed brought up the fact that if he remembers correctly - Hamilton has had some sort of car issue in every race since he announced he was leaving the team. He certainly have a great race going...
CylonRed

CylonRed

MVM

said by CylonRed:

said by Pjr:

said by CylonRed:

Mallya also in hot water and KingFisher is not close top making a profit.... Wonder how much longer Force India will be around...

not good...

Arrest warrant was withdrawn... Apparently it got him to notice...

Apparently he still has a boat load of issues with the airline losing a ton, people not paid for months. Now - his other sponsor Sahara is apparently being investigated for some bond issues and having to repay investors a few billion at 15% interest...

Do have to wonder if Force India will be sold...

Pjr
Don't Panic
UK

Pjr

said by CylonRed:

Do have to wonder if Force India will be sold...

So do I.

It was a good race. I'm happy Alonso was able to close the gap for the championship; I hope the fight can go to Brazil.

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium Member
join:2000-02-11
Hamilton, OH

bjf123

Premium Member

Got to give Vettel credit for getting up to third place, though the two safety cars certainly helped. I was hoping Alonso would close the gap more, but at least he gained on Seb. I loved Kimi's replies. I'm sure other drivers think about saying those things, but just never do.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

1 recommendation

cbrigante2

Premium Member

I love the shirt

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

buawhaha. I loved that radio transmission it was classic.

Pjr
Don't Panic
UK

Pjr to cbrigante2

to cbrigante2
I want one

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

said by Pjr:

I want one

Throw a like at them on the suggestion on Google +:
»plus.google.com/u/0/1168 ··· 71/posts

Da Geek Kid
join:2003-10-11
::1

Da Geek Kid to CylonRed

to CylonRed

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2 to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
The return of US GP racing in about an hour. Hopefully it's a good race...but it's looking like Vettel will be long gone before the first lap is complete.

ThirdShifter
Premium Member
join:2002-03-16
Wethersfield, CT

ThirdShifter to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
Ferrari may change massa gearbox to get alonso higher on the start.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

US GP qual

Interesting qual - Vettel had cooling issues in practice - going to be interesting if he has any in the race. Vettel had few laps in practice but yet sets fast times in practice #2 after only a couple laps. Looks like the track suits Red Bull really well.

Alonso has a long haul - it looks like the car is crap. Button - yet more problems with possibly fuel pickup or fuel pump - a pump they have used for many years. Team is in complete disarray.

To that end - what hell is up with Rossberg?

Will this year be the last for HRT???

Should be a good race.

ThirdShifter
Premium Member
Wethersfield, CT

ThirdShifter

Premium Member

said by CylonRed:

Interesting qual

That's the Qualification result, the order they start the race is much different. Grojean and Massa are both demoted 5 places due to gear box changes.

This is good for alonso as he will be starting on the clean side, but not for kimi who will be on the dirty side of the track.

Clean side = Racing line and more rubber.

Dirty side = Off line, very greasy, dusty and "green" especially for this race as it didn't have any support races.

Current starting positions:

1 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull
2 Lewis Hamilton McLaren
3 Mark Webber Red Bull
4 Kimi Raikkonen Lotus
5 Michael Schumacher Mercedes
6 Nico Hulkenberg Force India
7 Fernando Alonso Ferrari
8 Romain Grosjean Lotus
Romain Grosjean - Five place penalty for gearbox change
9 Pastor Maldonado Williams
10 Bruno Senna Williams
11 Felipe Massa Ferrari
Felipe Massa - Five place penalty for gearbox change
12 Jenson Button McLaren
13 Paul di Resta Force India
14 Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso
15 Sergio Perez Sauber
16 Kamui Kobayashi Sauber
17 Nico Rosberg Mercedes
18 Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso
19 Timo Glock Marussia
20 Charles Pic Marussia
21 Vitaly Petrov Caterham
22 Heikki Kovalainen Caterham
23 Pedro de la Rosa HRT
24 Narain Karthikeyan HRT

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

I did note it was the qual (I don't post anything but the qual result) - I did not read any extra stories this morning though...

Moving Alonso 2 spots helps - but Alonso's only hope if for Vettel to drop out.

ThirdShifter
Premium Member
Wethersfield, CT

ThirdShifter

Premium Member

alonsoo has to finish 4th to keep the championship alive to brazil.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Still does not change my opinion though - for Alonso to have any hope, Vettel needs to not finish or for not be in the points.

The Ferrari is bad enough that he needs to be a lot closer to have any realistic hope.

ThirdShifter
Premium Member
Wethersfield, CT

ThirdShifter

Premium Member

Ofcourse, this is vettels championship to lose. I'm putting money on kimi and grosjean to stay out a lot more laps and finish ahead of RBR and hamilton.

Ferraris strategy would be to stay out as long as possible too and hope vettel gets stuck behind one of the lotus.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

I don't think Lotus has the speed to stay out front and hold of RBR and Hamilton. Course Hamilton can suddenly have car issues yet again...

ThirdShifter
Premium Member
Wethersfield, CT

ThirdShifter to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed

Re: [Auto] 2012 F1 season begins....

Massa and Hamilton are flying today

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2 to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
Great race. Very nice track and I think Hamilton had to really work to catch Vettel. I did find Vettel's response on the radio funny in a "look at that crybaby" sort of way.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

I have to re-record the race. My wife decided to move the TV and the stand it was on. I was so irritated I moved everything and unplugged the race. By the time I realized what I had done - and got more pissed - when I got it back up - they were showing the replays of Hamilton's pass. GRRRRRRRRR

That 2.4 second pit stop by Hamilton was just unbelievable...

Of what I saw - good racing all over and it is a very nice track. Happy that no one was supremely stupid on the opening lap as well.

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Hamilton, OH

bjf123 to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
Really enjoyed the race. The track is one of the best designs Tilke has done. The run up to turn 1 at the start is great. I was surprised there wasn't more carnage. The track needs to come up with names for the turns.

I think Alonso only has a chance at the driver's title if Vettel DNFs in Brazil.

proefain
Premium Member
join:2000-05-08
Millersville, MD

proefain to ThirdShifter

Premium Member

to ThirdShifter
said by ThirdShifter:

Ferrari may change massa gearbox to get alonso higher on the start.

This is the crap that makes me hate Ferrari and F1 in general. I find myself rooting not for my favorite drive but just that Ferrari loses.

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Hamilton, OH

bjf123

Premium Member

said by proefain:

This is the crap that makes me hate Ferrari and F1 in general. I find myself rooting not for my favorite drive but just that Ferrari loses.

Let's say that Alonso is leading late in the race next week in Brazil with Webber in 3rd and Vettel in 4th. You don't think Red Bull will tell Mark to let Seb by so that Vettel wins the title? It's all about the team and winning the titles.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
My daughter and I watched the race and we liked it a lot. It was great to see F1 come back to US. But I don't like what Ferrari did. The seal is there to prevent unauthorized replacement. But they did it to gain a advantage.

Da Geek Kid
join:2003-10-11
::1

Da Geek Kid

BS.... Redbul could have done the same to put Alonso on the dirty side again... it made no difference @ the end as Massa was 4th @ the end.

Pjr
Don't Panic
UK

Pjr to Warzau

to Warzau
Breaking the seal made me laugh. That took bending the rules to a new level. If it had been McLaren that did it... I'm not saying the authorities are biased but IMO Ferrari get away with far more than the other teams.

Could someone tell me what Vettel says, please?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· _h7mRpX0

My hearing's getting worse

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

The FIA does not have people in every pit and since they get a penalty I don't think the FIA requires the team to prove the tranny bad. Worse comes to worse for any team - they actually replace the transmission rather than just break the seal.

Any team could do it and the FIA couldn't/wouldn't do anything about it.

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Hamilton, OH

bjf123 to Pjr

Premium Member

to Pjr
said by Pjr:

Breaking the seal made me laugh. That took bending the rules to a new level. If it had been McLaren that did it... I'm not saying the authorities are biased but IMO Ferrari get away with far more than the other teams.

I've been a Ferrari fan for 30+ years, but I have to agree that they seem to get a little more leeway than the other teams.