Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Davesnothere

Re: START has a Discussion Forum at DSLR !

The only reason TekSavvy got their own forum is because there was just a huge amount of threads that just cluttered up Canadian Broadband.

TekSavvy forum has been the most active forum on DSLR for the past couple years.

There were other ISP's before that had good amount of discussions in Canadian Broadband, IGS, iStop, AEI, Magma, etc, etc... None of those ever got their own dedicated forum.
--
Tank Nation 2012

jfmezei
Premium
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC
kudos:23
That ISP I can't name didn't just have a high number of posts in Can Broadband, it had a sustained high number of piosts over a few months.

When an ISP announces a new plan, it does generate some traffic, but it doesn't mean that it will be sustained and that the ISP should be shoved into a separate forum.

Reality

@videotron.ca
said by jfmezei:

but it doesn't mean that it will be sustained and that the ISP should be shoved into a separate forum.

And the only ones who "shoved" them in a separate forum is Ebox themselves by only posting there.

Unless you wish to state someone else shoved them there, which to date you haven't done, but rather only made insinuations and posted nothing else but insinuations.

arshad14

join:2007-03-04
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Davesnothere
I'm sorry Peter for populating this board but I've found Start to be the most friendliest board so far and could really use some help getting my money back from Distributel. Anyone know where and how I can do that because I just feel like I've been cheated big time by Distributel and am paying for service I don't have. So much for their "No Contract" BS... Sorry, just really upsetting 'cause I lost over $130 to them.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
O hai, Friendly Critter here!

u haz board for me too?
waits for invite to teh BBQ

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

3 edits
said by TwiztedZero:

O hai, Friendly Critter here! [att=1] u haz board for me too?
waits for invite to teh BBQ

Hmmmm.... [Dave eyes critter up & down.]

Look a lot like Beaver from B$ELL.

Might end up on MENU.

Also carry RED version of The Faarce. [that's how Irish would say it.]

Dark Side is not that from ? [Yoda]

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry -
(1) That things will never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !
-
eBox Forum »ELECTRONICBOX
-
START Forum »Start Communications

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
I thought I was the only one still up at 5.

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-21
We are now posting in our own forum simply because we want to show DSLR that we have enough regular users to get a real forum linked on the main page. We want to act like we are a real forum.

We may not have a high volume, but we (especially i) have been around for over 10 years and Electronic Box is literally exploding. We may not be elected for a real forum yet but if the community continue to read us in the Electronic Box forum chances are we will be considered a candidate for a forum listing.

We are confident that Electronic Box will be part of the big IISP circle and we need a real forum to hold discussion. I like DSLR, it's a nice place to be. People are educated and discussing with the community is always a pleasure.

I hope this better answer our position.
--
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
said by diskace:

We are confident that Electronic Box will be part of the big IISP circle and we need a real forum to hold discussion. I like DSLR, it's a nice place to be. People are educated and discussing with the community is always a pleasure.

+1

"I think my learning curve is a circle sometimes too."

--
You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.

Motorola SB6120-1.0.6.1, Netgear RangeMax WNDR3700v1, Dupont POI, eXtreme Cable Pr0 28/1:4/4 Unlimited.

Oinktastic
Let them use fibre

join:2005-08-24
Scarborough
kudos:2
Reviews:
·localphone.com
reply to diskace
said by diskace:

We may not have a high volume, but we (especially i) have been around for over 10 years and Electronic Box is literally exploding.

Do you guys need us to call the fire department? That sounds serious...

I think it was Guspaz who did a little rant on the use of "figuratively" vs. "literally" a while ago and I've been careful to use the correct one ever since :P

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
ROFL. I may get a 'special' because my mother tongue is French.

eboxnat

join:2011-05-06
Montreal, QC
kudos:6
reply to Oinktastic
said by Oinktastic:

said by diskace:

Electronic Box is literally exploding.

Do you guys need us to call the fire department? That sounds serious...

Literally we are exploding in a figurative sense?

(although I am not sure if that sentence makes any sense after 3 coffees today.....)
--
Electronic Box Inc.
»ELECTRONICBOX
Natasha Contardi

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to diskace
said by diskace:

We may not have a high volume, but we (especially I) have been around for over 10 years and Electronic Box is literally exploding.

So now eBox = EXPLODING BOX ?

aaah truth

@videotron.ca
reply to diskace
said by diskace:

I hope this better answer our position.

I think it did.

In other words you are calling JF's BS out as well.

You weren't "forced" to go into hiding.

"DSLr doesn't have to fess up" that they are trying to "prevent discussions" about Ebox or trying to "prevent people from knowing" about Ebox.

You Mean DSLr didn't "shove" you there into "obscurity".

You weren't "moved" to a "hidden forum".

DSLr didn't "prevent you from growing" as a company?

These are all things JF said and alluded to.

However, you correct the fact and instead said this was your own choice and free will, for whatever reason.

I wonder why JF would hijack a Start topic to make-up and fabricate all this total and complete BS? Then toss in peoples/MOD's faces?

Oh I know... »Re: START has a Discussion Forum at DSLR !

It's not often I see so much fabricated BS in one topic by one person. But, then again, this has happened once before in this forum by the same person looking for an Open-Media forum of something like that, »Openmedia's effectiveness so they can use people like "open-wallets" here once again to generate revenue.

JF, ....I no longer know what to say to you. Care to explain why your fabrications don't jive with what JP stated? And also, why are you tossing these fabrications out here when you yourself know this isn't true?

What kind of game are you playing?

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
Went to the "Forums" page. Clicked on the "Ad Hoc Forums" "box".

It took me to:

»(board category #1 no longer exists)

And neither ebox nor start are listed there.

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
I think JF's intentions are nowhere as bad as you picture them. JF's has always been colorful and is a great addition to our community. You have to understand the motivation behind all of this.

This man fight hard for telecom industry in the past years and is still standing for the consumers.

I get his half-humor half-truth when he claim new entrants and/or old-fellows will have to hide themselves in a ad-hoc forum. It's basically an open letter to DSLR that there should be better exposure for us and other as well.

Anyways, it's no big deal and there should always be an happy ending. Enjoy the sun, get a beer and let's move forward.

Cheers !
--
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
reply to diskace
said by diskace:

Electronic Box is literally exploding.

diskace was refering to the popcorn in the microwave

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to jfmezei
said by jfmezei:

Went to the "Forums" page. Clicked on the "Ad Hoc Forums" "box".

It took me to:

»(board category #1 no longer exists)

And neither ebox nor start are listed there.

I just ran your test myself.

Indeed there is a list of companies there, but it is very incomplete.

When I was initially trying to help get the other 'Short-List' constructed earlier this year, I also noticed that same list as you did, and ignored it (really ignored ) after one of the Mods showed me the 'Rolodex' and how to get THERE - I had stumbled upon THAT once before when looking at reviews.

Even the 'Rolodex' has a few omissions, as well as likely many more outdated records.

I dunno exactly how all of the databases used by DSLR are structured and linked, but from the Rolodex and a few more individual entries, we DID manage the get the new 'Short-List' happening and THAT is the one which I'm trying to promote, and it is accessible from the CBB forum front page as I posted earlier.

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry -
(1) That things will never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !
-
START Forum »Start Communications

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to jfmezei
IN regards to the ad-hock forum, this is true. There are ISP's or voip providers there (like Primus voip) which have no posts for 2 years or one or two posts this year.

Should they even be there?

The stated reason for the Ad-Hock forum is:
One day, one of these forums could grow to be a real forum

I don't think 25% of those forums have a hope in hell since some haven't had a post in 2 years.

Then there is Acanac who has had steady posts in their own forum since teksavvy got their own forum.

DSLr master-mods told them to run in their own forum and if they generate enough hype they may get one. So a few years later, now, they are still there. Yet Ebox who basically only started posting in their own forum the past 1.5 months (as opposed to Acanac who has been posting for a few years) expects to get their own forum before Acanac.

I would find that more than funny if that happened. Biased even. Perhaps even hateful and calculated.

Maybe after Ebox has 6 months or so of posts they will get upgraded to the Ad-Hock forum. Then after a few years maybe a forum, after Acanac gets theirs first since they asked for it like back in 2007 or 2008.

Now that would be fair. Anything else would be very questionable.
Expand your moderator at work

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to Davesnothere

Re: START has a Discussion Forum at DSLR !

Cogeco-based CABLE service has STARTed !

See »www.start.ca

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

It covers all of Cogeco's Ontario footprint, and works well so far.

I STARTed on April 12th.

Comfrtbly

join:1999-08-31
Peterborough, ON
reply to Davesnothere
I received my DCP3000 yesterday! I get STARTed on June 11th.