Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hoyleysox
Premium
join:2003-11-07
Long Beach, CA

[Scam] Repeated harrassing phone calls from "Jimmy Spats&qu

Keep getting telemarketing solicitations from a Los Vegas numbers purporting to be from Jimmy Spats. The telemarketers are rude and relentless and repeatedly lie that they would take me off their list. I dutifully report each one to the FTC do not call site.

These guys are scum. Can the sleuths here help me determine their real business address? They are not legally registered in the City of Los Vegas or Clark County.

They say they make lots of $, but you wouldn't be able to tell from looking at their crappy looking website. »www.jimmyspats.com

Here are the numbers I have received calls from so far
702-212-8487
702-451-2479
702-212-8491
702-940-3393

They are in good standing with the BBB (lol), which provides this info:

Las Vegas Handicapper Jimmy Spats
Phone: (702) 898-3532
Fax: (702) 898-8487
3520 E Tropicana Ave Ste H, Las Vegas, NV 89121-7342
www.jimmyspats.com

»www.bbb.org/southern-nevada/busi···nv-52742

Was surprised that they take credit cards...

Their whois data is below:

Registrant:
Real Sports, Inc.
6574 cross creek trail
Brecksville, oh 44141
US
Domain Domain Name: JIMMYSPATS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Carlone, Frank
6574 cross creek trail
Brecksville, oh 44141
US
440-740-0274 Fax: none
Technical Contact:
Support, Arishost
P.O. Box 87250
Canton, MI 48187
US
734-306-5458

Registration Service Provider:
Nexcess Internet Solutions,
1-866-639-2377
1-248-281-0473 (fax)
»nexcess.net
This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.

Registrar: TUCOWS, INC.
Updated: 10-Feb-2010.
Expires: 08-Feb-2013.
Created: 08-Feb-2000.

»www.whoismind.com/whois/jimmyspats.com.html

Their site has a link to, which I assume is one of those seedy multiaffiliate marketing companies.
»www.integratedwebsites.com/

garys_2k
Premium
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

Re: [Scam] Repeated harrassing phone calls from "Jimmy Spat

Thanks for the numbers, now on my spam list, but I can't give you any insite into who they really are.

JALevinworth

@embarqhsd.net
reply to hoyleysox
said by hoyleysox:

Can the sleuths here help me determine their real business address? They are not legally registered in the City of Los Vegas or Clark County.

I'm no sleuth, but I'm not bad at searching things out.

The BBB you gave said the alternate business name is "Real Sports, Inc." (also shown in whois) and owner name of "Mr. James Spatafore". Those 2 pieces match as being a registered business with the state of NV:

»nvsos.gov/SOSEntitySearch/CorpDe···3d&nt7=0

I also searched the state of OH for that entity name (Real Sports) because that's the state the whois shows, but nothing there nor any other registrant or owner name matches. I'd consider the NV state business registration to be the most accurate anyway since it's legally binding. See legal address at the above link.

-Jim

hoyleysox
Premium
Long Beach, CA
Got it. Thanks for your help!

JALevinworth

@embarqhsd.net
You're Welcome!
Expand your moderator at work

hoyleysox
Premium
Long Beach, CA
reply to hoyleysox

Re: [Scam] Repeated harrassing phone calls from "Jimmy Spat

I am apparently on some gambling suckers list.They keep calling. Could be multiple companies.

New #s
702-421-0860 - "the magic jack number you have called has not been assigned to a customer."
702-451-2479 - "The Sports Desk leave a message"
702-212-8487 -

The angle is they give you to pay for a "hot" pick for tonight's game. Played along intending to waste their time. Said yes, yes, uh-huh. Yeah I want to make a dime. uh-huh, and got handed to a closer.

The closer asked if I play onshore or offshore and if I was going to take their tip and refuse to pay them. Jacked him off on the phone for 10 minutes and think the guy really got mad, which made me feel good.

Any suggestions about how to mess with the next people who call? They were willing to take a credit card number, but I am reluctant to give them mine and do not want to expose myself to criminal liability. The guy said he did take amex...