join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

2 recommendations

KrK to nunya

Premium Member

to nunya

Re: [washing machine] Whirlpool Cabrio damaged by coins twice!

No washer should be destroyed or heavily damaged because items that commonly end up in a washer (like coins or buttons) do accidentally end up in the machine.

That's just a serious design flaw. Manufacturer should have to recall and fix or replace the washers for free.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by KrK:

No washer should be destroyed or heavily damaged because items that commonly end up in a washer (like coins or buttons) do accidentally end up in the machine.

That's just a serious design flaw. Manufacturer should have to recall and fix or replace the washers for free.

At my house now and when I was growing up the checking of pockets and removing anything in them was part of the washing procedure. Neither my mom's or my washers have ever experienced any damage from objects left in pockets and no we never dug out any coins or other metal objects that didn't cause damage.

I don't see how it's a design flaw when objects other than clothing are placed in the machine.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

KrK

Premium Member

It's a design flaw. Such items are common in clothing. It is to be expected. Items even come off the clothes themselves, I have found loose buttons and zippers in the machine before.

It's something that is reasonable to expect to occur.

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt to Jack_in_VA

MVM

to Jack_in_VA
said by Jack_in_VA:

I don't see how it's a design flaw when objects other than clothing are placed in the machine.

The design should be such that common mistakes should not have dire consequences especially if it it is easy to prevent as is this case.

/tom

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by tschmidt:

said by Jack_in_VA:

The design should be such that common mistakes should not have dire consequences especially if it it is easy to prevent as is this case.

/tom

I agree but people should still try to check especially if they've already had a problem once.