dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to aurgathor

to aurgathor

Re: [poll] where will Peyton Manning play next season?

Hahahaha, I called it.......

»nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/4 ··· er_news/

Ok, what prize do I get?

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

1 edit

capdjq

Premium Member

Heck, Why? SF is almost a cinch for a Championship. I wonder if playing in the NFC factored in his decision. Personally I don't agree with his decision. Cold weather, rabid fans who can turn ugly in an instant plus an angry God.

However, without John Elway there would be no Manning. Finally the Bronco's have a QB worthy of the legendary John Elway. He made his mark in The Drive and now you have The Signing.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to bohratom

Premium Member

to bohratom
Why Denver? No receivers, average defense. Their defense is overhyped. Do they even have a line?

e_dub
franknbeans
Premium Member
join:2001-08-12
kickin ass

e_dub

Premium Member

said by I AM:

Why Denver? No receivers, average defense. Their defense is overhyped. Do they even have a line?

Denver had top 5 defense and top 5 pass protect O-line. There are free agent receivers waiting for Peyton to sign.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
Plus he can't wear his No 18 Jersey. Its retired, if I'm not mistaken, in Denver. Maybe he'll wear No 16 his UT Jersey. I'm disappointed in the decision.

However, I feel Denver offers him more freedom of the final 3 teams. SF is mostly based on a running attack and Jim harbaugh will not give Manning his freedom to call plays. Tennessee means playing Indy twice a years and, with it, painful memories. If John Fox and elway could adapt to Tebow, really a running back, they can surely let Manning have some freedom.

They've already phoned Jeff Saturday to make Peyton comfortable. They have tons of salary cap.

Spork35
join:2011-07-13
Methuen, MA

Spork35

said by capdjq:

Plus he can't wear his No 18 Jersey. Its retired, if I'm not mistaken, in Denver. Maybe he'll wear No 16 his UT Jersey. I'm disappointed in the decision.

Tripucka already said he'd unretire #18 for Peyton if he goes to Denver.
»msn.foxsports.com/nfl/st ··· 8-031412

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to e_dub

to e_dub
said by e_dub:

Denver had top 5 defense and top 5 pass protect O-line. There are free agent receivers waiting for Peyton to sign.

I think those rankings are bit suspect, though. The O-line didn't give up a lot of sacks due to the QB running a lot last year instead of standing in the pocket. And their defense was demolished by New England in the playoffs. I don't think they're terrible, just average.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to e_dub

Premium Member

to e_dub
said by e_dub:

said by I AM:

Brian Dawkins was the heart of that defense and looks like he is done. Top 5 O-line because of the pressure of Tebow running. I doubt Willis McGahee has the same year he had last year. Either way like Skip Bayless has been saying..."FREE TEBOW!!!!!!!!!!"

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness
said by fatness:

said by e_dub:

I think those rankings are bit suspect, though. The O-line didn't give up a lot of sacks due to the QB running a lot last year instead of standing in the pocket. And their defense was demolished by New England in the playoffs. I don't think they're terrible, just average.

Demolished is an understatement, more like Steamrolled into oblivion. Brady was on fire in that game.