Search similar:

uniqs
randomwalk10
join:2012-03-19
Houston, TX

randomwalk10 to fluffy

to fluffy

Re: Turn on Comcast alarm without subscription

Thanks fluffy. I will search Ebay for a few. Will you need to reprogram the new sensors in? Is it easy to do? Thanks again for so many questions.
askinder
join:2010-07-08
Kansas City, MO

askinder

If it is a wireless sensor, they will not be $2.50, but more like $40. To replace a wireless sensor, you will need to change the serial number in programming, which would require an alphanumeric keypad.
randomwalk10
Houston, TX

randomwalk10

Yikes!! Yeah it's wireless since I don't see any wire. The sensor is double sided tape to the edge of the window with another part (magnet I think) attached to the window itself..it has a battery, which accord to the tech last time he was here, should last about 4 years or so. Anyhow, they replaced 3 sensors around the upper windows and charged me $7.50/piece plus $65 service fee.

I keep hearing about this alphanumeric keypad. What is it? Since I'll be discontinue service with comcast, i will probably have to do all the maintenance myself. May be worthwhile to buy one (if it doesn't cost too much)?

Can you provide me with the model # of this part that will work with the V15P? Thanks again.

PS. I thought I was done after getting the intaller code...new stuffs just popping up.. man will this ever end?

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

said by randomwalk10:

I keep hearing about this alphanumeric keypad. What is it? Since I'll be discontinue service with comcast, i will probably have to do all the maintenance myself. May be worthwhile to buy one (if it doesn't cost too much)?

Can you provide me with the model # of this part that will work with the V15P? Thanks again.

Yup, it's listed in that install manual posted earlier: 6160 . Also comes in a "voice" version which sounds like it speaks to you (6160V) and a wireless version (6160RF). Google shows them starting at $87 and ebay has a few for $76 buy-now plus several auctions in the $25 range.

/M
randomwalk10
Houston, TX

randomwalk10

said by mackey:

Yup, it's listed in that install manual posted earlier: 6160 . Also comes in a "voice" version which sounds like it speaks to you (6160V) and a wireless version (6160RF). Google shows them starting at $87 and ebay has a few for $76 buy-now plus several auctions in the $25 range.

/M

That's the *SAME* keypad I'm having right now (by looking at the 6160 picture at least).. Woot!!!
One less thing to worry about.
Man, this serial programming thing is a little complicated.

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn to robhouston

Anon

to robhouston
said by robhouston:

The icing on the cake is the 20% discount in home owner's insurance for having a monitored system. In my case, I'm saving more than $500 per year with the system, which costs me about $216 for monitoring, including cellular backup. So, I have a net savings of nearly $300 per year, plus have someone watching my backside.

Either you live in a huge mansion (which is entirely possible in Chester, NJ) or you're really overpaying for home insurance. You get a $500 alarm discount, so your insurance is over $2500 per year? My entire insurance bill is only $400.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by aannoonn :

said by robhouston:

The icing on the cake is the 20% discount in home owner's insurance for having a monitored system. In my case, I'm saving more than $500 per year with the system, which costs me about $216 for monitoring, including cellular backup. So, I have a net savings of nearly $300 per year, plus have someone watching my backside.

Either you live in a huge mansion (which is entirely possible in Chester, NJ) or you're really overpaying for home insurance. You get a $500 alarm discount, so your insurance is over $2500 per year? My entire insurance bill is only $400.

I thought the same thing when I first read it. If I saved $500 my homeowners would be free.
robhouston
join:2001-09-15
Bluffton, SC

robhouston

Neither living in a huge mansion, nor overpaying, at least in comparison to the competition. NJ is one of the highest-priced insurance markets in the nation. Our all-volunteer fire department with no hydrants doesn't help much in that regard.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by robhouston:

Neither living in a huge mansion, nor overpaying, at least in comparison to the competition. NJ is one of the highest-priced insurance markets in the nation. Our all-volunteer fire department with no hydrants doesn't help much in that regard.

I live in the middle of nowhere, no hydrants because there is no public water and the volunteer fire dept is >10 miles away. If the water on the trucks runs out kiss the house goodby.

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn to robhouston

Anon

to robhouston
OK, but I still think you're paying too much. You should check-out NJM.

Where do you get monitoring plus cellular backup for $200 per year? Seems like $475/year is more common.
randomwalk10
Houston, TX

randomwalk10

hey guys,

we can change the master code but not the installer code? The installer code is fixed?
gadgetboyj
Premium Member
join:2009-08-25
Staten Island, NY

gadgetboyj

Premium Member

You can change the installer code, another poster in this thread mentioned something about it, but the installer for Comcast changed the installer code in the first place.

Randomwalk11
@mycingular.net

Randomwalk11

Anon

The other member mention about changing the MASTER CODE not INSTALLER CODE.

PSWired
join:2006-03-26
Annapolis, MD

PSWired to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA
Don't you have the bay in your back yard?

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by PSWired:

Don't you have the bay in your back yard?

Yes but I doubt if the VFD has enough suction hose to get to it and the tucks would likely mire up trying to get to it.
randomwalk10
Houston, TX

randomwalk10

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help earlier with retrieving the installer code & turn off the phone checking...the alarm system is working great. However, after each 3 weeks to 1 month, we this this "FC" message. I looked it up and it "failure to communication". I think the alarm is still looking that telephone line although we turned it off. We punched in the following code to turn off that phone checking to clear the "FC" error message and the alarm works great again (for another 3 weeks or so then that FC message comes back).

Here is what we use to turn off that FC message:

800 *920
*99 (exit)

Is there a more permanent way to fix this? Thanks again for your advice.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo to dick white1

to dick white1
said by dick white1:

just that an intruder who really wants the goods will ignore the siren and grab and run.

Nowaways, there isn't much to grab and run. A large flatscreen TV can be troublesome to carry out, especially if they don't want to get out the front door. Small appliances are worthless in resale. All that would be worth stealing is computer equipment.

I had a burglar get inside my house by the basement and when he came upstairs, he tripped the IR sensor. The guy just ran out the backdoor and didn't take anything.

PSWired
Annapolis, MD

PSWired to randomwalk10

to randomwalk10
said by randomwalk10:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help earlier with retrieving the installer code & turn off the phone checking...the alarm system is working great. However, after each 3 weeks to 1 month, we this this "FC" message. I looked it up and it "failure to communication". I think the alarm is still looking that telephone line although we turned it off. We punched in the following code to turn off that phone checking to clear the "FC" error message and the alarm works great again (for another 3 weeks or so then that FC message comes back).

Here is what we use to turn off that FC message:

800 *920
*99 (exit)

Is there a more permanent way to fix this? Thanks again for your advice.

You disabled the phone circuit check but not the monthly dialer test. Do the following:

[Installer code] + 800 (enter install mode)
*41* (clear primary CS telephone number)
*42* (clear secondary CS telephone number)
*43* (clear primary account code)
*45* (clear secondary account code)
*99 (exit programming mode)
Expand your moderator at work
randomwalk10
Houston, TX

randomwalk10 to PSWired

to PSWired

Thank you so much...

PSWired
Annapolis, MD

PSWired

You're welcome! Let us know if it works.
NightOwl2

1 edit

NightOwl2

My mistake. His control panel is completely different from the new Xfinity touch screens, which are wireless and belong to Comcast. It could be part of the older Legacy home security in Texas.

fluffybunny
@teksavvy.com

fluffybunny

Anon

he is not using the comcast monitoring service or any comcast resources for the monitoring centre and has paid for the equipment. so what service do you think he is taking without payment ?
randomwalk10
Houston, TX

randomwalk10 to PSWired

to PSWired
said by PSWired:

You're welcome! Let us know if it works.

Sorry for the late reply. It worked great. Many thanks!!!
randomwalk10

randomwalk10

Hey guys,

Got another problem. Most of my windows upstairs are wireless. Honestly, I don't think anyone is going to climb 15-20 feet up to enter the house through the upstairs window...and if they do, the motion detector inside is going to pick it up.

Well one of the wireless sensor is going in/out intermittently. I think it's on its last leg.

How do I disable it completely (just that sensor for now) but leave the rest. I will disable them one by one in the future as they fail. The sensor id/zone display on the controller is 17. Thanks again guys.
randomwalk10

randomwalk10

Did some research and this is what I came up with...can someone confirm?

How to delete a wireless zone (sensor #17):

[installer code] + 800
[set to confirm] 1=yes
[zone number] 17
[summary screen] * = continue
[Zone type] 00 = not used
[Delete Zone confirmation message] 1= yes
*99 (exit)

aannoonn
@verizon.net

aannoonn to randomwalk10

Anon

to randomwalk10
It probably just needs a new battery!
randomwalk10
Houston, TX

randomwalk10

said by randomwalk10:

Did some research and this is what I came up with...can someone confirm?

How to delete a wireless zone (sensor #17):

[installer code] + 800
[set to confirm] 1=yes
[zone number] 17
[summary screen] * = continue
[Zone type] 00 = not used
[Delete Zone confirmation message] 1= yes
*99 (exit)

Well dang it..that ain't it...or I'm doing something wrong.

I put in:

[installer code] + 800 (to go into programming mode)

then it went to hell from there... after the *56, there was a two digit code....I can punch in and it just sits there..can't continue, can't exit..just showing the damn two digit code of whatever i punched in.
Poking/zapping/punching bunch senseless number...master code +800 *99 exit..whatever...it just sat there...

but then some how I managed to exit....not sure what I did after about a thousand keystrokes....but then when I open one of the door, it doesn't show the zone number anymore.. damn...so:

installer code + 800 + *56 again ...and surprise..stuck again same place...but this time I couldn't manage to exit.

I decided I had enough after 2 hours....unplugged the battery & unplug terminal #1. plugged eerything back in and got a "d1" error..

Master code + 800 *99 (exit) and everything is good now...whew! Not sure what damaged is done but everything is okay as far as I can tell..hope I didn't delete any zone or anything like that.

So....can someone help me delete a wireless sensor #17? thank you.
Expand your moderator at work
randomwalk10

randomwalk10

I think I f'ed up something while I was trying to get out of that programming mode. Apparently the back door (wireless) doesn't work like other doors anymore. When you open other doors, the alarm will say "not ready" and won't let you arm. The backdoor, if open, still let me arm the alarm. After the alarm is armed, if I open the back door it still goes off though.

Anyone knows how to make the back door like other doors (put the alarm into "not ready" if open?) Thanks.