uniqs

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON

BliZZardX

Premium Member

First impressions?

Price? Caps? Speeds? Routing? Customer service? Overall feeling?

Discuss.
minoe
join:2003-11-11
St George Brant, ON

minoe

This was getting to be pretty lonely thread, so I'll put a little life into it.

First Impressions after 2 weeks of service (standard cable):

The signup, modem delivery and installation were hassle free. Customer support is great. Lots of energetic people with lots of good answers when you call in.
Early routing quirks with voip.ms were dealt with quickly and effectively.

The speed is good but latency and especially jitter are a little dodgy sometimes. The results vary widely depending on the server and the time of testing.
The ping test results shown are good but it's often a B or C+ grade given to line quality.
I'm new to cable internet so perhaps this is normal (comments would be appreciated).

bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to BliZZardX

to BliZZardX
Great customer service before and during the signup process.

Monthly price wasn't as good as the retention deal Rogers was offering me, but it was close enough that the higher cap, less hassle, not having to rent a new modem (though that was included in the retention deal for 12 months), the fact that I don't have to call back in 12 months and threaten to leave to get the same rate, and just better customer service in general more than made up for the price difference. And going over my Rogers limit (which I rarely have) by as little as 3GB would have wiped out that price difference anyways.

Activation date is the 25th, so no speed/routing feedback to give yet.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to BliZZardX

Premium Member

to BliZZardX
From Cogecoland...

»Start Communications in Cogecoland - Live, with a Review!