All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Johnny_Mac
join:2004-09-22
Saint Petersburg, FL

Johnny_Mac

ubee DVW3200 bridge mode disables wireless?

Hello. After having Brighthouse (Tampa Bay area, FL) reconfigure the ubee DVW3200 to bridge mode, the wireless component is no longer active. Is there a way to keep it in bridge mode (since we have a router we like behind it) and gain back the WAP feature?

ISP is Brighthouse/RoadRunner, service is cable modem "RoadRunner Lightning," their coax connects to the ubee DVW3200 (now in bridge mode), this connects via ethernet cable to a Netgear FVS318G wired VPN router supporting 3 PCs (running Win7 & XP), a Dell laser printer connected via ethernet, and a Windows 2008 Server.

All netwoking support to the LAN (DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, & RRAS) is provided by the Windows 2008 Server. That's why we need the ubee in bridge mode, the router handles the port forwarding.

Thanks!

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac

MVM

said by Johnny_Mac:

Is there a way to keep it in bridge mode (since we have a router we like behind it) and gain back the WAP feature?

Enableing the ubee wireless will cause problems because the ubee ethernet/wireless and the netgear ethernet are isolated

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to Johnny_Mac

Premium Member

to Johnny_Mac
By putting the modem in bridged mode you are bypassing its router and therefore the WiFi.

You will have to use your ext routers WiFi, or get one if only and ethernet router.

Johnny_Mac
join:2004-09-22
Saint Petersburg, FL

Johnny_Mac

Thanks guys. That's the conclusion I came to as well. Wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. It's an all or nothing kind of deal. I guess I'll swap the FVS318G for the wireless version (FVS318N).