burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium Member
join:2002-06-05
Iowa

burner50

Premium Member

Return Policy

I'm planning to port my 5 lines from Verizon to Sprint this week due to signal problems that Verizon is unable or unwilling to resolve. (Coverage map shows me with 4G coverage)

If I have the same problems with sprint as soon as I get my devices home is there a return window? Any catch to using it?

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

1 edit

dib22

»www.sprint.com/landings/returns/

the tl;dr version is:

If you quit you must return the devices or ETF applies.

You have a 14 day trial from the time your phones serial numbers (ESN/MEID) hits the network as "activated" to cancel without an etf or to exchange the phones for another model (you will pay price difference for the handset).

When you do quit within the 14 days they will charge you at least the prorated mothly costs+overage+premiums, or at most the entire montly costs+overage+premiums (I know someone who canceled their line within the trial and they were charged prorated monthly, but that was several months ago).

So to be safe I would do any cancels within 7 days

Be careful with your number portability... don't cancel the verizon until sprint has the numbers transferred. If you leave sprint make sure to do the same, don't cancel the sprint side until the numbers are ported to the next provider.

»www.fcc.gov/guides/porta ··· roviders

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium Member
Iowa

burner50

Premium Member

Thank You!
burner50

burner50 to dib22

Premium Member

to dib22
said by dib22:

»www.sprint.com/landings/returns/

the tl;dr version is:

If you quit you must return the devices or ETF applies.

You have a 14 day trial from the time your phones serial numbers (ESN/MEID) hits the network as "activated" to cancel without an etf or to exchange the phones for another model (you will pay price difference for the handset).

When you do quit within the 14 days they will charge you at least the prorated mothly costs+overage+premiums, or at most the entire montly costs+overage+premiums (I know someone who canceled their line within the trial and they were charged prorated monthly, but that was several months ago).

So to be safe I would do any cancels within 7 days

Be careful with your number portability... don't cancel the verizon until sprint has the numbers transferred. If you leave sprint make sure to do the same, don't cancel the sprint side until the numbers are ported to the next provider.

»www.fcc.gov/guides/porta ··· roviders

I just want to make sure the devices will have service in my house (My Verizon phones do not)

dib22
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by burner50:

I just want to make sure the devices will have service in my house (My Verizon phones do not)

If you are facing ETF's on the verizon side consider getting a pre-paid sprint product just to test. They sell the basic Virgin Mobile for 19.99... and I think there are a couple cheap Boost Mobiles (make sure they are the CDMA boots mobiles, I think most of them are these days).

If your facing an ETF that is giant it is a cheap way to verify before starting the move... if no ETF's then it would just be an extra expense.

Good luck to you.

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium Member
Iowa

burner50

Premium Member

said by dib22:

said by burner50:

If you are facing ETF's on the verizon side consider getting a pre-paid sprint product just to test. They sell the basic Virgin Mobile for 19.99... and I think there are a couple cheap Boost Mobiles (make sure they are the CDMA boots mobiles, I think most of them are these days).

If your facing an ETF that is giant it is a cheap way to verify before starting the move... if no ETF's then it would just be an extra expense.

Good luck to you.

No. I will not have any ETF's. I'm getting out of them thru technical support at verizon.

Virgin Mobile uses the Sprint CDMA network? I will probably try that first.

dib22
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by burner50:

Virgin Mobile uses the Sprint CDMA network? I will probably try that first.

Yes Virgin Mobile will be the true sprint footprint (without roaming). Most of the Boost Mobile line these days does as well. If the boost mobile device is cheaper just make sure it doesn't have Push to talk and it should also be sprint CDMA network.

David Collantes
join:2010-09-13
Orlando, FL

David Collantes to burner50

to burner50
Unrelated to your original question: I really, very strongly, advise you not to get into Sprint. They are the worse of the bunch, personal experience.

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium Member
Iowa

burner50

Premium Member

said by David Collantes:

Unrelated to your original question: I really, very strongly, advise you not to get into Sprint. They are the worse of the bunch, personal experience.

You present a very convincing argument

David Collantes
join:2010-09-13
Orlando, FL

David Collantes

said by burner50:

You present a very convincing argument

It is hard for me to speak about my experiences with Sprint and not sound like a troll. The alternative of my very convincing argument is getting into a five phones contract with a company that isn't worth a lick.

Now, my issues with them might be circumscribed to the area I live, and they might not relate to where you are.

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium Member
Iowa

burner50

Premium Member

Well, i cant stand ATT, Verizon has no service at my home, and none of the smaller carriers offer much in the way of decent hardware or service in outlying areas.

Plus, I promised the wife an iPhone...

I signed with sprint and aside from a LNP problem that was resolved a few jours later, the service has been adequate.

dib22
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to David Collantes

to David Collantes
said by David Collantes:

Now, my issues with them might be circumscribed to the area I live, and they might not relate to where you are.

It's all of them! Welcome to CellCoUSA All that matters is slinging contracts... the service part is secondary to them.

It comes down to service area basically... if you have a good coverage area they are great... if they don't they are the worst.

Just don't forget the main goal of all of them is to sell you a contract... maintaining the service is not as much fun (or given as much attention) as cashing the checks