how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

johan_hammy

join:2003-08-08
Dekalb, IL

Gigabit FTTH

Could someone point me to what providers provide gigabit FTTH in the US? I'm working on a project that requires me to research high throughput FTTH projects in the US.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:2

EPB Fiber in Chattanooga TN at »epbfi.com/

Sonic.net in »www.sonic.net/ Sebastopol CA not very available due to small deployment area.

johan_hammy

Dekalb, IL

Thank you.

I already found those two, but I was hoping for more. :-\

I'm looking at offering a similar service and let's just say the price really varies between $70 and $350.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:2
reply to johan_hammy

You are asking a lot for FTTH in the USA. Many of the other FTTH deployments have only top offerings of 50Mbps or less symmetrical. Many FTTH customers are really seeking the increased upload data rate that FTTH can offer. People on a DOCSIS 3.0 50Mbps download/5Mbps upload cable connection may be happy to get 25 Mbps symmetrical FTTH service. For the USA, that is really a great service offering.

johan_hammy

Dekalb, IL

Unless I get more provider suggestions, I'll be looking to somewhat mirror EPB's offering.

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
reply to johan_hammy

»www.paxio.com/Residentialinternet

This services a few apartment/condos in the SF Bay Area. 1000/1000 for $245/month.

There obviously can't be a lot of interest at a high price like that.

It looks geared towards work-from-home / soho biz / power user types.
--
Fiber Optics are the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR »Fiber Optic Forum.

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
reply to johan_hammy

For an international comparison 1000/1000 in Sweden costs between $70-150 USD/month. There utility companies typically run an open access municipal network.

ok

@epbinternet.com
reply to johan_hammy

www.chattanoogagig.com