uniqs
jfmezei
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron

Re: START has a Discussion Forum at DSLR !

"History" you misred understood what I meant.

That ISP I cannot name had the volume of messages that was not only high, but also constant in Can Broadband to justify creation of its own formal forum.

Neither Ebox nor Start have this. They had a small spike of messages that was not sustained and nowhere near the level of activity that TSI generated on Can Broadband.

By moving the small ISPs to the hidden forums, it will prevent them from growing to a point where DSLR will judge they are big enough to warrant having their own "real" forums.

The solution is either to "unhide" those forums by listing them in the Cananadian page and/or at the top of Can Broadband, or leave discussions in Can Broadband until these ISPs demonstrate they have such high volume of discussions that they warrant their own real forum.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

Like I said earlier... If you're providing a product and you also want to provide customer forum support in relation to said product, one can always set up a server and install your own forum software, and place your own authorized staff to work on it. Its no really huge biggie.

History
@videotron.ca

History to jfmezei

Anon

to jfmezei
said by jfmezei:

"History" you misred understood what I meant.

If I misunderstood, or read it the wrong way then I offer my apology.

But...
said by jfmezei:

My feeling is that unless DSLR is willing to fess up and give those ISPs a real forum, then discussions should continue here.

Fess up to what?
said by jfmezei:

There is no point in discussing this. DSLR owners do as they wish with their BBS system. If they feel that some ISPs should be shoved into some obscure forums that don't appear on the list of canadian ISPs, there is nothing we can do about it.

Who is shoving who where?
said by jfmezei:

I feel sad for those ISPs condemned to those obscure forums

Who condemned them exactly? Could it be some kid behind a kybd telling people not to post here and the sheeple actually listen?
said by jfmezei:

By moving the small ISPs to the hidden forums

Come on, JF, no one was moved anywhere. Nor was anyone put in a hidden forum. Even when the "A to Z index" existed, and was easier to use and find on DSLr, they were there and made one post a year.

Nothing moved. No one hid anything. No one shoved anything anywhere. There is nothing to fess up to. No one was condemned.

The choice is made by either the Ebox owner or even the Start owner as to what they want to do and how they do it. Not some kid in front of a kybd.

I don't think I misunderstood you. You know all this. Or i really need more coffee because I really don't grasp what you are saying.