spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jelabarre59
@comcast.net

jelabarre59

Anon

Wake-on-lan

Nothing in the review about how well any of these support wake-on-lan. Perhaps any of them will work, but haven't seen it listed on the spec pages for most of the router distros listed here (other than m0m0wall). Would like to be able to leave my system at home off most of the time, yet be able to power it on from work

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David

Premium Member

said by jelabarre59 :

Nothing in the review about how well any of these support wake-on-lan. Perhaps any of them will work, but haven't seen it listed on the spec pages for most of the router distros listed here (other than m0m0wall). Would like to be able to leave my system at home off most of the time, yet be able to power it on from work

You and me both... that is where m0n0wall shines and dd-wrt excels I think. I needed WOL and wanted a bandwidth meter. dd-wrt fitted the bill here. as far as I know dd-wrt doesn't do dual wan which I kind of wish they would.

Now I am looking for a requirement for the following

• bandwidth metering on Wan1 and Wan2
• Wake on Lan
• static DHCP (seems to be a theme with most of them)

Since everyone here uses webmail only (no, no email servers here, either they use yahoo webmail, gmail, aol Imap, or ISP email. Primary seems to be gmail.

Switcher
@bell.ca

Switcher

Anon

pfsense handles wake on lan perfectly. I use it to turn on my different systems when I'm not in front of them. Also handles Static and dynamic dhcp too. You can set a static ip for device in your network from the router if you wish. I do this also, I have a few game consoles, printers and iptv boxes I like to know their ip and not look them up. Saves on setting them static on the devices themselves.

pfsense does not currently handle transfer quota (bandwidth metering), I wish it did and that they implement this down the road. It honestly is the only feature I have personaly found that it does not do.

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail

Premium Member

said by Switcher :

pfsense handles wake on lan perfectly.

I agree. I used the feature last night to wake up a system so I could remotely access it.