spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

brislo

@usa-companies.net

IPv6

All of these solutions will be worthless in the near future if they don't support IPv6.

Switcher

@bell.ca
IP6 I beleive will be fully supported in the next pfsense release 2.1 I think it has some ip6 capablilty now in 2.01, but I do not use ip6 yet, so haven't paid it much attention.

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House

1 recommendation

said by Switcher :

IP6 I beleive will be fully supported in the next pfsense release 2.1 I think it has some ip6 capablilty now in 2.01, but I do not use ip6 yet, so haven't paid it much attention.

I've used it in 2 beta and 2.1 Dev. I gitsync'd it into the installation and it worked fine.

I had to tunnel through he.net though. Brighthouse wasn't IPv6 ready.
--
The Dark Tower's Skynet evolves from 4chan.

sporkme
drop the crantini and move it, sister
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-01
Morristown, NJ
said by Noah Vail:

said by Switcher :

I've used it in 2 beta and 2.1 Dev. I gitsync'd it into the installation and it worked fine.

I had to tunnel through he.net though. Brighthouse wasn't IPv6 ready.

I'm running 2.1 as well for quite some time now. I'm very happy with the IPv6 support. Setting up a tunnel was simple, everything "jsut works". Just started using OpenVPN and the cert generation and client config generator surprised me. Oh and I run an old Dell PIII box - still doing fine with 50/8 and it draws very little power. Have replaced 3-4 hard drives over the years, but it's no tragedy - pfsense backs up the whole config in one file for easy restoration.

My opinion of pfsense went way up after I had to learn SonicWall gear. SW is nice, but what crappy docs (no wonder they push training courses so much). I can now more freely recommend pfsense to noobs knowing that it's interface is better organized than SW.

Also, just to be pedantic, neither pfsense nor mono are "linux distros". I'm not even sure the linux-based options should really be called distros either, I would think that they're more like software appliances...
--
with every mistake we must surely be learning