spc
Search similar:

uniqs

treich
join:2006-12-12

1 edit

treich

This is so funny

This is so funny even if Verizon was able to crush "US" wisp that would be very tall order to do.

Because Verizon is noting but crappy ass caps and overloaded site towers LOL!!!!

IT only takes a WISP offer 20+ Mbps vs your crappy ass LTE service and once a WISP do that it would seriously crush Verizon services.

Here you go for the MOBILE data speed: »www.phonearena.com/news/ ··· _id17405
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

1 edit

Terabit

Re: This is so funny

You need Spectrum in order to do this and VZ and AT&T have secured all of the quality spectrum for themselves.

2.4GHZ WIFI is useless.

Comparing ground up large scale long-distance LTE to WIFI is a joke.

treich

treich

You dont need spectrum there buddy you can do it over 2.4Ghz/ 5Ghz setup I have seen WISP posting 15+ Mbps to customers.

There is a WISP in PA is pushing 10+ Mbps on speed burst take look at this WISP: »www.netlinx.net/

Just wait intil White Space WIFI takes off if it ever does then it will blow any mobile carrier out.
Terabit

1 edit

Terabit

For starters 802.11 has finite power limits, which means you need about 7 to 9 base-stations to cover a single mile versus the 1 of 700MHZ LTE.

Even if they could boost the power, it would kill off home wireless networks.

Now, if congress could allocate the 500 to 600 MHZ range, for example, the problem would indeed be solved and it would be extremely feasible. One base-station could cover about 10+ miles.

However, all of these cable and wireless corporations would scream murder and pump billions into lobbying against such a proposal.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to treich

Premium Member

to treich
Sure, put the service in the already crowded unlicensed band.

No thanks.

treich

1 edit

treich

Not true there buddy you can do 3+ miles on one basestation of the 2.4/5Ghz setup.

I dont know where you get your information from.

I have seen 5Ghz backhaul setups do 20miles + so better check your stories there buddy.

I would suggest you check out this ubnt.com for starters to show you what kind of equipment you can use to do 3+ miles on basestation.
Terabit

Terabit

36 dBm is the power limit. Not to mention, you'd need a massive and expensive fixed antenna to transmit back to the WISP.

Then there are all of the environmental factors that affect a signal at that frequency. WISP's tend to be better suited for rural settings than anything mainstream.

The fact that Clearwire has failed with Wimax at close to that frequency, says a lot really about the prospects of WISP.

treich

2 edits

treich

Yes I know the 36dBm is the maximum power limit but I am disagreeing about what you said that you need 7-9 basestation to cover one mile is NOT TRUE!!!! You can do it with one basestation doing 3+ miles. It all depends on your Fresnal Clearance Zone if you dont got good Fresnal Clearance Zone of course it will take 1-2 basestations to cover the mile but what you said earlier is a LIE and NOT TRUE!!!

here is going from the best to the worse:

900Mhz ----> 2.4Ghz ---> 3.65Ghz unlicensed and Licensed WiMax --> 5Ghz -- Worse
Terabit

Terabit

Let's look a this another way. Do you seriously think no one ever thought of a WISP? There is a reason that a majority of city based WISP have gone bankrupt.

treich

treich

Well I am talking about rural WISP's I guess we dont have understanding what we even talking about. In the city of course it wont fly very will but Rural WISP's are the key here because there isnt anything would be able to take that down and I am sure verizon or any other cell carrier wont be able to do that.

Only way it can be taken down is the WTS aka whitespace wifi because the whitespace have very long base range like 10+ miles from one basestation.
treich

treich

Well there is always WTS aka whitespace.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to treich

Premium Member

to treich
Here's another couple super huge conglomerates that need to be obliterated and brought back down too Earth just to show them who they REALLY work for!!