how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

buckweet1980

join:2011-12-31
Allen, TX

[HD] Stuttering Video

I'm a new customer and have the QIP 7232 Motorola box and am having stuttering video issues.

Is this a known issue? What is the fix for it?

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
When it happens to me I usually just press pause and then play and it takes care of it. Doesn't happen often. Is it happening to you all the time?

nlk10010

join:2007-06-27
Great Neck, NY
reply to buckweet1980
If by stuttering you mean "freezing" then I've begun to get this too, especially on certain channels (e.g. HGTV). It's either at the source or it's Verizon's issue, has nothing to do with my DVR. I'm hoping it gets fixed soon.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
I'm guessing stuttering means video is not smooth.

andyboy

join:2011-11-28
New Rochelle, NY
reply to buckweet1980
I've noticed it over the past several days. It was happening a lot on ESPN last night (during the Knick game). Video would be herky jerky for a couple of moments, freeze for a moment or 2 then resume. Haven't noticed it on other channels. But it happened several times an hour on ESPN last night.

nlk10010

join:2007-06-27
Great Neck, NY
reply to kes601
Yea, I wasn't sure, I get that specific behavior on my Dish DVRs as well as, once in a while, on my VZ one. THAT'S the DVR, you're correct, as it's constantly spooling. I just can't find a consistent way to stop it, I just wait.

I posted just in case the OP meant "freezing", which behavior I've just started to notice.

buckweet1980

Allen, TX
It is jerky video.. I ended up power cycling the box which seems to have cleared it up somewhat..

Going to watch more movie channels tonight and will let everyone know. I first started noticing it on the AMC channel and then HBO's, etc..

Am not having any issues with audio cutting out though.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to buckweet1980
if it's a quick audio/video glitch then I get those too post-1.9a update with my 7232...apparently it's supposed to be corrected with 1.9.1 but who knows in what lifetime that will be released

buckweet1980

Allen, TX
Sounds like the issue I'm having, although I haven't noticed audio issues.