Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
reply to Dude111

Re: [Sad] Ponderosa

Find someone that works there and ask before they close.
The macaroni salad was probably not homemade.
You can find where they bought it from.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

1 recommendation

reply to Dude111
Friend just called me this afternoon and had me meet them at Bonanza. lol Bizarre timing given this thread. Tried the Mac salad, did not like it enough to want to keep getting it.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

PCInTech
keeping art alive since 1953
Premium
join:2004-06-07
Massena, NY
kudos:9
Reviews:
·VOIPO
reply to Dude111
Dude111, if you ever went into the Pondo in MY town, you'd never want to eat again, EVER! The food is DISGUSTING! The Buffet looks like the food has been left out for days, and very well may have been. On top of that, the place is FILTHY! I've been to Ponderosas and Bonanzas in many places, and have never seen, smelled or tasted anything this vile. This is a company owned restaurant, too. However, in another town, 1/2 hr. away, the Ponderosa is honestly EXCELLENT! The food is superior, rivaling a good steak house, and the place is immaculate. That one is a private franchise, unit. Hmm...

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:14

1 recommendation

reply to Dude111

Someone should get on them and tell them to clean stuff up bud!

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
reply to Dude111

Re: [Sad] Ponderosa

I haven't been to a Pondorosa since the 70's, as they have all but died out for whatever reasons.
As an aside, I'll never understand the infatuation with mac&cheese, especially spending money @ a restaurant for something that can easily be made better at home.
It's also why I rarely go to steakhouses, or Italian restaurants too.
--
~ Project Hope ~

raster44

join:2003-09-07
Niagara Falls, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to PCInTech
The Ponderosa Steakhouse in Niagara Falls is great for a cheap steak dinner and clean as well. Liked it better than the other chains. Most chain steakhouses in the area have been closing down. The Texas Roadhouse seems to still have a crowd but they have all kinds of gimmicks to bring in customers. Better off to go to a older, family type, locally owned for a good steak at a reasonable meal.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to Dude111
When I went yesterday I had a disagreement with a friend. On the outside of the Bonanza, they have their side saying "All you care to eat sirloin steak..." When we got inside, the sign by the register said "All You care to eat sirloin steak and salad bar.." and then beneath it, it read, "Limit of 5 sirloins per person". I took issue with this, like many of us here to when companies advertise unlimited. My friend (who used to manage a restaurant) says nothing is wrong with it because most people would not care to eat more than 5 steaks to begin with. To me they should not say what they say on the outside only to get people in the door and change the terms.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to EUS
said by EUS:

I'll never understand the infatuation with mac&cheese, especially spending money @ a restaurant for something that can easily be made better at home.
It's also why I rarely go to steakhouses, or Italian restaurants too.

Anyone can boil up some pasta, but you cannot make sauces at home like they do in a good restaurant. Unless you've had chef training (or are privy to an old family recipe).
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy
reply to Dude111
I'm with the Ponderosa sucked/sucks crowd. Went there as a kid and it was alright I guess. Went again as an adult and the place look like a run down cafeteria. Around the buffet table was food all over the floor, some old and well mashed. Never went there again after that.

--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to PCInTech
said by PCInTech:

Dude111, if you ever went into the Pondo in MY town, you'd never want to eat again, EVER! The food is DISGUSTING! The Buffet looks like the food has been left out for days, and very well may have been. On top of that, the place is FILTHY! I've been to Ponderosas and Bonanzas in many places, and have never seen, smelled or tasted anything this vile. This is a company owned restaurant, too.

Sounds a lot like your typical waffle house joint.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to swintec
Theres a place here like that too. all you can eat Max two plates on all you can eat

Santa Fe
Living With Diabetes.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
said by dvd536:

Theres a place here like that too. all you can eat Max two plates on all you can eat

You could make a 3 to 4 foot high pile of food on each plate.
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!