uniqs

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus
join:2011-05-21
Chicago, IL

Oh_No to KrK

to KrK

Re: It's a given the goal is to crush the competition

I dont see the big deal as comcast is not a wireless company.
It would not be right to say no to comcast and say if they want wireless they have to build it themselves as they are not a wireless company.

This does not crush competition. It really does nothing but give consumers an option to get a couple dollar discount per month by bundling a 3rd parties LTE with their comcast landline services. I am sure the discount wont be much.

ATT and verizon already does this with their wireless, TV, and land line internet. Comcast wants to be like them but by using Verizon's wireless.

As for the 122 Advance Wireless Spectrum licenses Verizon is buying, it does not matter when the sellers were not going to use it quick enough.
The FCC just needs to enforce that verizon must develop on the spectrum or lose it.
Even if verizon develops it, the government can still force them to sell it later. So in the end who cares.

Yawn....

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

4 edits

1 recommendation

ITALIAN926

I see the big deal as comcast is a wireline company. Verizon should be selling, endorsing, and improving their OWN wired network, not abandoning it in favor of cable. These companies compete on the wired side of the business. Its not just about FiOS either, Verizon still has millions of landlines/ DSL, they should be selling their own products, competitively against the cable co's.

The entire deal is hypocritical, and circumvents the entire goal of the '96 telecom act.

The cable co's should have pooled all their spectrum together and created their OWN wireless co, OR partnered with a Wireless co that does not have their own Wired products , Tmobile , Sprint ( I believe they spun off wireline to Embarq)

If none of that was good enough, the cable co's should have auctioned the spectrum off ! And VZ could have, and probably would have won the bid, without a conflict of interest.

There is so much wrong here, its sickening.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

and the Sherman Anti-trust act too.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to ITALIAN926

Premium Member

to ITALIAN926
Unused for wireless, it should have reverted back to the taxpayer.