For Value Received
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8

1 edit

1 recommendation

SyFy: BSG: Blood & Chrome shelved indefinitely

Now Deadline is reporting that Blood & Chrome, as a TV series, has been indefinitely shelved by Syfy.

Yes, despite having filmed the two-hour pilot episode, Syfy has decided not to go forward with the project, but still say that it could live online as a web series, which it was originally envisioned as. Basically, in the end, the show is too expensive for them and last January, when asked, Syfy president Mark Stern said that he and the other executives were still "trying to figure out the economics right now." (emphasis is mine)

Full article:
»tv.ign.com/articles/122/1221327p ··· 7p1.html

I am livid. SyFy is a joke of a channel. It is so terribly embarrassing to the sci-fi community that it even exists, words cannot express. If Planet Earth has an anus, the SyFy channel is it.

BSG is the only worthy show they ever brought to the screen. Stargate was good, but it debuted on Showtime and it wasn't Syfy that stuck its neck out for a new TV franchise.

A proper prequel written by Moore would have been great. I actually very much enjoyed Caprica and its storytelling, and was sad to see it cancelled. It explored interesting themes within the BSG universe.

But now, shelving the prequel of their most critically successful show because they don't have the money, while they greenlight these HORRIBLE SyFy movies that air sometimes... it is baffling.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
That really sucks.
Hopefully we'll at least see the pilot.

The trailer looks pretty good too:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=5giyX4oB ··· yX4oBYDU

--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Sniper3142
Slapsho3142

join:2002-01-25
Tustin, CA
reply to TigerLord

said by TigerLord See Profile
I am livid. SyFy is a joke of a channel. It is so terribly embarrassing to the sci-fi community that it even exists, words cannot express. If Planet Earth has an anus, the SyFy channel is it.

BSG is the only worthy show they ever brought to the screen. Stargate was good, but it debuted on Showtime and it wasn't Syfy that stuck its neck out for a new TV franchise.

A proper prequel written by Moore would have been great. I actually very much enjoyed Caprica and its storytelling, and was sad to see it cancelled. It explored interesting themes within the BSG universe.

But now, shelving the prequel of their most critically successful show because they don't have the money, while they greenlight these HORRIBLE SyFy movies that air sometimes... it is baffling.

I couldn't have said it better.

The "SyFy" channel (or whatever the @#%! they are calling themselves these days) is pathetic!

The "original" movies they produce or show are horrible. Most have terrible acting, poor writing, and lame CGI effects.

mod_wastrel
anonome

join:2008-03-28
kudos:1
reply to TigerLord
Content exists solely as filler for the time between commercials, so shows need only be cheap to produce--as Syfy so clearly demonstrates. It's a wonder they even give lip-service to the shows.
--
"Sorry for not responding to your post, but either I haven't seen it yet, or what you said was so devoid of substance that I found it utterly uninteresting."

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
reply to TigerLord
Comcast owns it now and they are bleeding money like no tomorrow. They're on the verge of bankruptcy and can't afford this type of programming. (/sarcasm) Instead, they'll green light some more B-movies with terrible acting, 2nd grade special effects and no plot. (/notsarcasm)

Kind of wish Eureka was over so I knew I'd be rid of SyFy forever.

Reno7
Premium
join:2008-10-26
Keller, TX
said by seaquake:

Kind of wish Eureka was over so I knew I'd be rid of SyFy forever.

I agree except ...
> Warehouse 13 (Syfy has extended season 4 by 7 episodes, season 4 will have 20 total episodes now)
> Sanctuary (will there be a season 5?)
> Haven
> Alphas

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica
kudos:3
reply to TigerLord
They could launch - Firefly: The next generation.
--
The Dark Tower's Skynet evolves from 4chan.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Reno7
said by Reno7:

Warehouse 13 (Syfy has extended season 4 by 7 episodes, season 4 will have 20 total episodes now)

That's great news! Warehouse 13 is hands down my favorite show on SyFy. Everything about the show is awesome.
Eureka is pretty good too.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to TigerLord
doesnt surprise me, BSG was science fiction.

Now if it was Cylons wrestling then they would do it because Syfy seemingly prefers to fill in slots with wrestling.

Then again G4 which was supposed to be gaming TV fills in its empty slots with episodes of COPS... rather than say pick up broadcasts from the Starcraft leagues.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
reply to Reno7
I just started watching W13 on Netflix. Nearly done the first season; I only think they have 2 available. It's been enjoyable and I get the impression it's going to get better as it goes on.

Thankfully, I have a DVR so I can record things on SyFy if I choose to watch them...and skip the terrible commercials. I haven't watched any of the other shows on there.

crazediamond
Maybe you shouldn't be so proud?
Premium
join:2002-01-19
Atlanta, GA
reply to Kearnstd
said by Kearnstd:

doesnt surprise me, BSG was science fiction.

Now if it was Cylons wrestling then they would do it because Syfy seemingly prefers to fill in slots with wrestling.

2 hours per week of wrestling. 166 hours per week of non-wrestling. They show that much stargate universe per week. They show more stargate sg-1 per week.
--
And if I show you my dark side, will you still hold me tonight?
And if I open my heart to you, and show you my weak side, what would you do?

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK
Two hours per week of wrestling is too much.
--
The adventure continues...Sanctuary....

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to Noah Vail
said by Noah Vail:

They could launch - Firefly: The next generation.

Do you really think them pigs would even think of it?
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

crazediamond
Maybe you shouldn't be so proud?
Premium
join:2002-01-19
Atlanta, GA
reply to Majestik
said by Majestik:

Two hours per week of wrestling is too much.

Perhaps, but its a very far cry from "seemingly preferring to fill every time slot"
--
And if I show you my dark side, will you still hold me tonight?
And if I open my heart to you, and show you my weak side, what would you do?