dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
mshdpotatoes
join:2006-05-03

mshdpotatoes to ethelstan

to ethelstan

Re: For those who are on 16 profile, what's your actual speed?

Got my upgrade yesterday. Downstream RCO was 99% (on the same profile in the screenshot) until I reinstalled the POTS splitter myself earlier today. After I did that and found I was suddenly looking at 80% RCO, I tried requesting a bump to the 19455/1085 overhead-adjusted profile. I've got a response saying the upstream shouldn't be a problem to bump, but as far as the downstream goes, they're telling me I'm already on the correct, maximum possible profile. Going by other posts it seems (and I'm hoping) the downstream might get bumped as a consequence of the upstream being fixed, but I'm still waiting to see how it goes.

It should go without saying that being told if I get a higher downstream profile it'll just be a mistake which I should feel lucky for and that the non-overhead-adjusted profile I'm currently on is the maximum possible is absolute shenanigans. Bell gives the higher profile to their own customers, they're obligated to provide the same damn profiles to wholesalers, we shouldn't have to beg and plead and risk Bell's diagnostic fee just to get the service that was advertised and we paid for.
ethelstan
join:2010-11-05

ethelstan

said by mshdpotatoes:

[att=1]
It should go without saying that being told if I get a higher downstream profile it'll just be a mistake which I should feel lucky for and that the non-overhead-adjusted profile I'm currently on is the maximum possible is absolute shenanigans.

You said it best

If all PPoE connection is actually correct at 80% RCO why not advertise it as 13MBps and call it a day?