fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to openbox9

Premium Member

to openbox9

Re: ??

Really? .. did I detect that you believe that the banking industry, and the players in it, are honest and don't do anything funny when it comes to manipulation?

Let me recap things for you..

Reaganomics Today

That sums up the 80's to today.. about 30 years of honesty. One can easily point to a sign of any change to a deliberate act of manipulating the market place at Wall St.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

Sigh....we can debate the merits of Reaganomics another time.

I really dislike dealing with absolutes and I try not to typecast people into groups. Do immoral and unethical bankers exist? Sure. Do immoral and unethical people exist in IT? Sure. I can just as easily suggest that you are a criminal as you can suggest that all bankers are criminals.

So, once again, what exactly has Craig Moffett done while accomplishing his duties as a sector analysis for Sandford Bernstein, that is so horrible and dishonest?
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member

fiberguy2

Premium Member

Yes,... I do believe that all the banks/bankers (head of banks) are in fact criminals. This is ONE case where I believe strongly to generalize.. since they all report back to the head of the fed, and take their shots from there,.. the crook just rolls down hill from there. Craig is just one part of a pretty corrupt system.

I'm normally on the other side of this argument, but the entire system is so incredibly flawed and corrupt that it's pretty easy to assume that the shots are called to benefit the house, not the player.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

Since you can't seem to imagine a single hardworking, honest person in the financial world, I guess we're done. FWIW, I have a few friends in the financial world and I consider them honest and helpful.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member

fiberguy2

Premium Member

said by openbox9:

Since you can't seem to imagine a single hardworking, honest person in the financial world, I guess we're done. FWIW, I have a few friends in the financial world and I consider them honest and helpful.

... and they take their orders from the next guy up, who takes their orders from the next up, and the next and the next until they're up to the people who control the shots.

I know people that work for banks too.. good people. They try to be honest, they wind up losing their jobs. If you knew anything about the banking industry then you realize that it's one of the heaviest hit "make your numbers or you're out" jobs today.

In the branch level of banks, I've watched Wells Bankers come and go at least every 2 months. On the investment side, same thing - some do well, others are always on the move.

The BANK itself is not honest and pretty much predatory.. if you think otherwise then you're ignorant to the last 30 years. The people you know take their orders from the banks.. period.

And for the record, we're not talking about customer service people who are paid to be helpful, we're talking about people that have access to your savings and investments.. even then, they take their orders from the execs and sorry to say, they're not helpful. What they are, really, are people that need to be prosecuted. Oh wait, they can't.. they helped changed the rules and have their own people in government now.

Enjoy your fantasy.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

said by fiberguy2:

... and they take their orders from the next guy up, who takes their orders from the next up, and the next and the next until they're up to the people who control the shots.

Umm, that's life for everyone. There's always a boss
said by fiberguy2:

In the branch level of banks, I've watched Wells Bankers come and go at least every 2 months. On the investment side, same thing - some do well, others are always on the move.

That's life as well. Either you do well or you don't. If you don't, you go somewhere else.

You obviously have a jaded view of the financial world.
« Here we go again...
This is a sub-selection from ??