Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2
reply to captokita

Re: [MoP] Beta In-Game Screenshots

Yep, same old grind from 10 to 85 for a panda as you are use to. Maybe something will change to make it faster between 10 and 85. Oh, but wait. There's more. 85 - 90. Can't forget about that. Then there is the entire gear reset the second you get your first green in the expansion.
--
"The level of sacrifice that you give is beyond my comprehension. If the rest of us in the Country showed the level sacrifice that you do on a daily basis, we wouldn't have any of the problems we have." – Comedian Lewis Black speaking to the US troops.

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

Damn, that sucks. I mean, with BC, we got Outland, with Lich, we got Nothrend, with Cata we got the whole middle zones filled in, as well as added places on the mainlands......

With THIS...... we get a start zone located within one of the Cata zones? Really? That's IT? Shit, this is almost a patch day update, not an expansion. Sure, the graphics get a little update to them for the characters, but that's cosmetic, and also could be easily delivered in a weekly update. (which it will be anyway prior to launch I'm sure) I just hope there's a lot more to come.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

1 recommendation

The starter zone is not actually inside one of the Cataclysm zones. The Wandering Isle wanders because, well, I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who doesn't know.

Also, it's a beta. Stuff isn't finished. It's amazing how many people are complaining about being capped at 86, one new zone only. Every. Five. Minutes. Oh, also the lack of pandaren mounts, too.

We'll see more as it gets finished.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW

Yep, there sure are a bunch of whiny bitches in the beta. Isn't it every 3 minutes that someone has to tell someone to turn their video settings down?

stiki

join:2010-01-25
reply to hsindogg

I was playing the beta this weekend. Just fooling around on my lock did a couple instances and a bunch of wpvp in dawn blossom. Pretty fun.
I was kinda surprised how few people are playing the beta you would think with over 500k eligible and only 4 realms they would be packed.
On gilneas horde there was only like 250 people on yesterday around 5 pm est. and lost isle only had around 700 the majority being monks. I guess the buggy quests could have something to do with it - but I figured more people would be on just messing with there specs. It's wierd how more people seem to be on my live realm than on the beta

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI

I think most people don't see many changes in the upcoming expansion. As a result, more of them are focused on clearing out bank space and making gold or leveling up alts to prepare for the new release. I know that is what I am doing. Might as well make sure all my professions are maxed and try to get my characters to 85 to prep for the release.
--
Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (Tauren Paladin), Potable (80 Goblin Priest) Mal'Ganis/Horde

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to Harddrive

Too bad if you grind your Panda monk from 1-90 to have a character reset or more during the beta and lose it all, well at least you will know your new abilities now by heart..

Did they fix the changing specs bug yet? I want to try my Hunter BM/Surv, my copied character had Surv/MM, when I logged I could only change from Surv to BM and can't get rid of MM at all.

I liked the new RFC dungeon..

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
reply to captokita

said by captokita:

Yeah, I rolled a panda sat. and it was a madhouse at the start, pile o pandas, and you couldn't get to the master to start your quests.

Eventually, through endless clicking, I was able to start my journey, and in short order finished through to "choose your faction". I chose alliance, and now am sitting in Stormwind. Is that it?

I mean, I realize this is beta, and changes will be sure to come to some extent, but seriously, THAT'S an expansion? 2-3 hours of questing to pop 12 or so levels, and then it's the same ol grind? Please tell me they plan to expand on this as far as places to go, etc.

I like the look of the character creation screen, even older toons get a facelift. Nice touches.

Sounds like every other expansion with new races. New starting zone for the new race, then a new continent/world/area for the levelling towards the new level cap.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to Harddrive

really love all of the screenshots, harddrive. Thanks!

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

+1

Really a pretty expansion imho

djlar

said by saillaw:

+1

Really a pretty expansion imho

For me to poop on!

(couldn't resist sorry!)

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to hsindogg

More of a bump back to the top.

Anyone still in the beta or are we all doing the D3 thing at this time?

I kind of hung up my 87 mage since D3 and the arena pass tournament took up a lot of my gaming time.

If anyone has shots of the later zones I'd be interested in seeing them, and so would a few others I'd imagine.

djlar

yeah, I pretty much only log to get the latest patch builds, last night was 760MB or something added..

Tempted to get my 87 to 90, but that's a TON of XP, I have the 1.5 rested levels XP most of the time.

Expand your moderator at work