uniqs

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to ethelstan

Premium Member

to ethelstan

Re: For those who are on 16 profile, what's your actual speed?

...it doesn't look good.
I have a feeling my tech(s) are not going to show up today .

But that being said, I ordered the 16/1 service and here's where I'm at. I've checked, there's only 1 phone jack in my new apartment, which funnily had 3008/800 service on it already when I was here on Tuesday and plugged in my modem and things synced good.

Now, I've heard these TP-Link modems might have issues so I'm wondering if its that which might be causing my problem? I just bought the TD-8616 because it was a good deal....and no sense paying for extra since I already had a router which was more than enough to handle just my traffic (WNDR3500L), so I didn't end up paying more.

Will changing the modem make a difference? I get to about 12.8mb on speedtests, just didn't save any.
wally_walrus
join:2009-10-07
Orleans, ON

wally_walrus

I just got my 16M service activated today (of course no tech showed but still hope will get the POTS splitter) and was trying to get the line stats from my TD-8616 using OrbMT. I noticed you were able to read them what did you configure in Settings? I selected Modem Type - TcTool (TrendChip), IP Address - 192.168.0.1, Port - 23, Username/Passwd - admin/admin (default)

Thanks,
mshdpotatoes
join:2006-05-03

mshdpotatoes

The 8616's IP is 192.168.1.1 ...
wally_walrus
join:2009-10-07
Orleans, ON

wally_walrus

I am reaching its web interface at 192.168.0.1
mshdpotatoes
join:2006-05-03

1 edit

mshdpotatoes

Curious, mine is at 192.168.1.1... Obviously if you're reaching yours at that address, that's what yours is set to. I think I might plug mine in and see what I can see, I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

-edit-
Glad to see nitzguy respond with the correct info, all I learned from plugging in my 8616 is that it degrades my SNR stat pretty significantly compared to my Speedtouch. If I'm ever stuck using my tplink I'll have to remember to try every modem on the list instead of just the obvious (but wrong!) one.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to wally_walrus

Premium Member

to wally_walrus
said by wally_walrus:

I just got my 16M service activated today (of course no tech showed but still hope will get the POTS splitter) and was trying to get the line stats from my TD-8616 using OrbMT. I noticed you were able to read them what did you configure in Settings? I selected Modem Type - TcTool (TrendChip), IP Address - 192.168.0.1, Port - 23, Username/Passwd - admin/admin (default)

Thanks,

Weird as mine was on 192.168.1.1 like mashedpotatoes....

But that being said, I honestly in OrbMT started at the top and worked my way down the list of the modems....I ended up on the almighty Speedmodem 200 and it connected right away....unfortunately the 8616 isn't supported in DMT...but OrbMT still does what I need it to do so I'm happy with it....

Still hoping things get better, and still haven't seen either tech...