All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« It's not just cox
This is a sub-selection from Screw your caps Cox.

talz13

join:2006-03-15
Avon, OH
reply to houkouonchi

Re: Screw your caps Cox.

How much is that insane connection? I remember the discussion about you replacing the two FIOS with this super FIOS since you run servers and hosting, but how much does that thing run you per month?

join:2004-02-05
New York, NY

said by talz13:

How much is that insane connection? I remember the discussion about you replacing the two FIOS with this super FIOS since you run servers and hosting, but how much does that thing run you per month?

You can bundle a 150/70 Mbps FiOS connection + TV bundle with every channel Verizon carries including premiums + Phone for $150-200/mo in NY/NJ.

If he's bonding two of those he might be looking at $400 a month.

houkouonchi

join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to talz13

said by talz13:

It is a bit over $400/month; however, for 450 megabits of combined (up/down bandwidth it comes out to less than $1 per megabit of up/down speed. Much better pricing than most others.

Also no cap so if I maxed the up and down I could potentially use 130TB/month up and down.

Also many people have TV/phone/internet 35/35 which can do 10TB/month (20TB in/out) and again no caps.
--
150/75 mbit Verizon FiOS connection FTW!

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

I'd love to have that type of link.

What's the router handling all this traffic?

houkouonchi

Ontario, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Simba7:

I'd love to have that type of link.

What's the router handling all this traffic?

A 1u box with an intel core i3-2120t (35w TDP) machine. The atom 1.6 Ghz box I had before wasnt quite fast enough to handle VPN at the speeds I needed which I use for the bonding.
--

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

Nice.. What are you running? FreeBSD or Linux?

houkouonchi

Ontario, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Simba7:

Nice.. What are you running? FreeBSD or Linux?

Linux since that is what I am intimately familiar with and not even sure if there is a packet based round robin bonding driver for bsd so not even sure if I could do what I am doing on bsd.
--