how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

me

join:2002-12-08
Iapetus

best wysiwyg web builder

Any suggestions on an editor (other than notepad++) that allows me to create templates so that I don't have to format each time I post?

Most editors I've tried are either to complicated (netbean) or don't have enough functionality (blogging software). Maybe I just need advice on how to construct a template so that I don't depend on the software.

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7

said by me:

Any suggestions on an editor (other than notepad++) that allows me to create templates so that I don't have to format each time I post?

Format what each time you post to where?

I've never used a WYSIWYG editor that was worth anything if you are going to do any real HTML editing. In the long run, you'd be much better off just learning HTML vs relying on an editor.

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Bellevue, NE
kudos:4
Reviews:
·ooma

Yeah, the "posting" part is throwing me off. All a template is going to be is a css file and a basic html/php page that calls those elements. If you're at least serviceable in html/php and you're not looking to rely on a CMS, you'd probably be well served to just find a premade css you can alter to your liking.

Here's something I made years ago that's about as barebones as it gets.

»protusmose.com/oldres/index.html

I just now threw it up from backup and it looks like some of it's broken, but you get the basic gist.

It's just one style sheet and one generic html file I modified and edited for each page.
--
Blogsaus "Everyone bows to something. Everyone answers to someone. Wherever your treasure lies, there your heart will be also.

Who do you belong to? " - Andrew Schwab

me

join:2002-12-08
Iapetus
reply to me

I want to try the blogging websites but the post editing functionality is not what I would like. For example, I can't copy and past text and have it formated the same as the area where it was pasted.

If I remember correctly KompoZer would allow you to create div's in the editor and in the gui you could see box outlines for each region. I was looking for software that would allow me to create the template in the editor in this way. Then I could just make entries using the gui and the formatting is predefined.