uniqs
share rss forum feed

Viper677
Certified Home Inspector

join:2012-03-22
Toronto

Currenlty with Bell for Internet - Switching to Acanac

Hi,

I have been with Bell for a few years and now I am planing on switching to Acanac for my internet. I just spoke with them and they seem very knowledgeable and nice but when I googled them for reviews this is the forum that I got hit with

So all I see here is negative reviews about their service. Is that really true? I only know 1 person who has Acanac and he has good things to say about them.

I just dont want to cancel with Bell, return their equipment and then find out that I have to go back to Bell.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Lynn0
Premium
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON
kudos:7
The only thing I can tell you is with any company you are going to to get some that have had troubles and are not satisfied in length of time that it took to fix the problem. I am certainly NOT blaming the customers. Fault sometimes lays with both sides but we do try to resolve any problems that may occur. I am always here to help if you need it.
This is a place to come for help so you will see people with problems here but considering we have over 100,00 customers right now and not that many here with problems we must be doing something right

Viper677
Certified Home Inspector

Toronto
Hi Lynn,

Thanks for replying. I understand that businesses will always have a few unhappy customers.

The only concern I have is that I can not afford to have interruptions in internet service. I work from home 2-3 days a week and I absolutely need to have internet connections available to me.

I do understand that there can not be any guarantees and things do happen but so far Bell has set the bar very high in terms of no interruptions in internet connection to my house.

How has been your record in terms of service interruptions?

Thanks again

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON
Sent you a pm.

Gaetan

join:2011-11-14
Trois-Rivieres, QC
reply to Viper677
If you absolutely need a connection without no interruption at all...stay with Bell.
Too many disconnect with acanac, loss of speed to zero, zero, zero.

It's been said in another thread....you get what you pay for.

Viper677
Certified Home Inspector

Toronto
Yeah, I am getting mixed feelings about the switch.

A part of me tell me to just switch based on the feedback from just one friend of mine who have had Acanac for about 6 months now. He has good things to say about them. I can save some money as well if i switch.

But then i am a very firm believer of 'you get what you paid for' so if I do switch to Acanac and start having problems, I will never forgive myself.

I dont know what to do, maybe I should wait a few more months and go with the feedback from my friend. If he starts having problems then I am definitely staying with Bell.

Gaetan

Trois-Rivieres, QC
As of right now....since this morning my download speed with Utorrent went from 600 ko/s to 22 ko/s and still waiting for the speed to get back up.
The only reason I use Acanac is for the unlimited download/upload. If you don't need this unlimited stuff, then stay with Bell.

Just received a noticed in my email that Acanac could not process payment in full for the next year (bell is monthly billing)

NEVER RECEIVED at least A BILL FOR THE COMING YEAR to review and read what you're getting into .

ACANAC PAYS ITSELF FIRST WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT.

Viper677
Certified Home Inspector

Toronto
You know what, that was good info.

So here is the background on why I want this. I currently have Bell and I am paying about $120 for internet and TV. I have 65G available each month for internet.

I wanted to switch to one of those streaming cable TV providers called Jadoo TV. But for that they use internet bandwidth for TV. They need about 1G for every 4 hours of streaming. We dont watch cable TV that much but I thought I should switch to Acanac with unlimited internet and then I would not have to worry about it. So thats why I wanted to switch.

But now, I am thinking that I should stick with Bell for internet and then pay them $10/month for 80G more for internet, cancel TV with them and get Jadoo Box.

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON
reply to Gaetan

ACANAC PAYS ITSELF FIRST WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT.

Did you read the user agreement that you had to click agree to when you signed up on the site? It clearly states you will be on automatic renewal and if you do not want this to email billing to be taken off of it which is not a problem.

Viper677
Certified Home Inspector

Toronto
Hi Lynn,

I greatly appreciate your patience and your responses here on this forum. I have not read your agreement but I think the default position should be to not bill automatically until customer requests for it. I mean there should be a separate check box to opt-in or opt-out for that service, just like any other vendors out there.

I have Voip phone at home and they dont charge me automatically each year. I get a reminder email and I act on it and pay before the service runs out.

Thanks

Fergless
Premium
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
You can opt out of Auto Renewal at any time before your renewal date by emailing billing@acanac.com

Good idea though.

Tks

Badcanac

@acanac.net

1 edit
reply to Viper677
Do not sign up with this company. You can email me at [mod edit -- removed email address -- just post what you want to say instead of referring people to email -- fatness] if you want to know all about the worst internet service experience i've had yet.

Viper677
Certified Home Inspector

Toronto
Tell me

Viper677
Certified Home Inspector

Toronto
reply to Badcanac
I dont get it, why did the moderator have a problem with this? It is ok to PM someone but its not OK to mention your email so you can say in an email? huh

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON
said by Viper677:

I dont get it, why did the moderator have a problem with this? It is ok to PM someone but its not OK to mention your email so you can say in an email? huh

The mods do not want you posting any personal information on the board for your own safety. Just imagine if some freak got on here and started sending you spam emails or worse since your email was posted here. I have asked badacanac to register and pm me when he was with us but he has not registered for the board. Until he decides to he can not pm anyone. You will hear only HIS version of the story.
Like I have stated before with any company you are going to to get some that have had troubles and are not satisfied in length of time that it took to fix the problem. I am certainly NOT blaming the customers. Fault sometimes lays with both sides but we do try to resolve any problems that may occur. I am always here to help if you need it. Only thing we ask is be patient as we have alot of customers and tckets are answered in order they come in.
This is a place to come for help so you will see people with problems here but considering we have over 100,00 customers right now and not that many here with problems we must be doing something right

Viper677
Certified Home Inspector

Toronto
If I post my email address and I start getting spam emails because of that then I am responsible for it, the moderators should not police these activities.

I dont care if you have 100,000 customers and that is not an excuse for providing bad customer service to a few bunch. If you have 100,000 customers then you should be increasing your force accordingly so ALL inquiries are handled in a timely manner.

Being 'patient' with you because you have more customers than you can handle might cause my job (because I work from home).

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON

2 edits
said by Viper677:

If I post my email address and I start getting spam emails because of that then I am responsible for it, the moderators should not police these activities.

If you have a problem with the mods rules then pm the mod. There is rules on any forum you go to and this is one of their rules on this one. Do NOT post personal information or they will delete it.

Viper677
Certified Home Inspector

Toronto
I was actually expecting you to comment on what is pertaining to your job not on the mod's role on this forum.

And BTW, I am registered to a lot of different forums where you are allowed to post your email address. So please lets not say its the rule for 'any forum'.

Gaetan

Trois-Rivieres, QC
I have to agree with you....if i want to post my email on this site, that is my own business.

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON
reply to Viper677
said by Viper677:

I was actually expecting you to comment on what is pertaining to your job not on the mod's role on this forum.

I did reply to what is pertaining to my job and also sent you a pm

And BTW, I am registered to a lot of different forums where you are allowed to post your email address. So please lets not say its the rule for 'any forum'.

read my comment again

Viper677
Certified Home Inspector

Toronto
No, thank you.

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON
ok. You have a great day.