All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
sppena
join:2007-06-08
Toronto

sppena to wally_walrus

to wally_walrus

Re: For those who are on 16 profile, what's your actual speed?

How does one get the 19455/1085 profile?, assuming that my profile is within requirements

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

The unfortunate thing about the 19M profiles, is that it's the same story as those who got the 7M profile when they were paying for 5/6 megs. Some get lucky! If it's on 16megs, we can't asked to get it upgraded to 19.

Martin
wally_walrus
join:2009-10-07
Orleans, ON

wally_walrus to sppena

to sppena
I have not requested the bump, just a few hours ago I was on 16320 / 1085
mshdpotatoes
join:2006-05-03

mshdpotatoes to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
said by JenSuisUn:

we can't asked to get it upgraded to 19.

Sorry but that's utter shenanigans and TSI needs to get it sorted out already.

The CRTC mandated that Bell provide you with all the profiles they provide their own customers. From 2010-063: "the Commission concludes that the major ILECs are to provide, upon demand from a competitor, their wholesale aggregated ADSL access services at speeds that match all of their retail Internet service speed options, including those speeds those ILECs offer their retail customers over their FTTN facilities."

So the CRTC says you can not just ask for, you can demand the correct overhead adjust profile because Bell gives it to their own customers. You say jump, they say how high!. We're paying for XMbps to the internet, not XMbps to Bell's network and YMbps to the internet. If the line can handle the proper speed, we should be seeing it, in every case, not the just hit-and-miss, sometimes-you-get-it sometimes-you-don't, maybe-you'll-be-lucky cases.
ethelstan
join:2010-11-05

ethelstan to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
said by JenSuisUn:

The unfortunate thing about the 19M profiles, is that it's the same story as those who got the 7M profile when they were paying for 5/6 megs. Some get lucky! If it's on 16megs, we can't asked to get it upgraded to 19.

Martin

This does not sound equitable to me. If you're a Bell Customer, they change your profile no problem but for TekSavvy you have to be "lucky".

Why do we always get the short end of the stick? Why isn't there a policy to ensure ALL customers got what they pay for?

I was on the 6mb profile before and getting only 4.5 max for nearly two years. I put up with it .. but now I guess switching to incumbent makes more sense - getting what you paid for?

I do appreciate TekSavvy customer service and its speed response .. but really at the end of the day what matters to me most is whether the actual promised service is delivered or not .. plain and simple and in this case, it did not deliver.

tekclient
@teksavvy.com

tekclient to JenSuisUn

Anon

to JenSuisUn
I saw most of us getting the 16M/800kb instead of 16M/1M profile (including myself). I opened the ticket with support 2 days ago, got one response with a question list which I answered and replied. then no update since then.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to mshdpotatoes

Premium Member

to mshdpotatoes
said by mshdpotatoes:

you can demand the correct overhead adjust profile because Bell

I searched that CRTC document and couldn't find that the Overhead had to be covered.
mshdpotatoes

mshdpotatoes

said by JenSuisUn:

said by mshdpotatoes:

I searched that CRTC document and couldn't find that the Overhead had to be covered.

That's not the point. It says "speeds that match all of their retail Internet service speed options". Bell's retail customers get profiles which account for overhead and provide the advertised bandwidth. So TSI should be demanding those profiles for their customers too. It's that simple.
ethelstan
join:2010-11-05

ethelstan to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
How can TS not demand an explanation from Bell that all their customers got the right sync speed along with many other TS customers who happen to be "lucky" - while others who are not so lucky are not getting what they paid for? Does TS think that this issue can just be put under a rug and people will forget about it?

This issue is not going anywhere. Speed is the number one selling factor of different packages of DSL. TS needs to live up to its promise in delivering exactly what they promised / advertised. We're not asking for more .. we're just asking what we are supposed to get with what we paid for.

I am going to give this at most a month for resolution then will switch to incumbent if nothing changes. Seems to me my loyalty with TS is diminishing rather rapidly.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
said by JenSuisUn:

said by mshdpotatoes:

Speed matching means the profiles should be the same as those offered to Bell customers. Marc said he was looking into it a few weeks back.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

I'll get this looked into & come back with a final answer on this.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

Thanks Martin. This is something for all the wholesalers to take back to the CRTC. Fair is fair and the profiles should be the same if your line can support it.
mshdpotatoes

mshdpotatoes

Indeed, thanks Martin. (*crosses fingers in anticipation*)

And an emphatic ditto to the rest of Mike's comment. Fair would be so nice.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to tekclient

Premium Member

to tekclient
The full 1 Meg service seems to be quite rare for upload. I can't say I've seen may people out there that are actually getting the full upload speeds.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009

said by JenSuisUn:

The full 1 Meg service seems to be quite rare for upload. I can't say I've seen may people out there that are actually getting the full upload speeds.

There would be more if they called and asked for it or weren't afraid to lose their nice download speeds.
Bugblndr
join:2010-03-02
Burlington, ON

Bugblndr

said by Mike2009:

said by JenSuisUn:

There would be more if they called and asked for it or weren't afraid to lose their nice download speeds.

That's all it took for me to get upgraded. A call and a bit of persistence on my part with the tech who answered the call.

Quake110
Premium Member
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON

Quake110 to JenSuisUn

Premium Member

to JenSuisUn
said by JenSuisUn:

Martin

Can't you just click "Optimize" in Bell's portal on the clients line? Because Velcom did that to me and the profile was bumped in a few minutes to 19453 kbits from 16319 kbits.

PunkChildP
Premium Member
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

PunkChildP

Premium Member

said by Quake110:

said by JenSuisUn:

Martin

Can't you just click "Optimize" in Bell's portal on the clients line? Because Velcom did that to me and the profile was bumped in a few minutes to 19453 kbits from 16319 kbits.

The RCO needs to be below a certain percent to allow us to use the optimize button. We don't have it for all clients when the RCO is above the threshold.

Paul

DrZEUS
join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS

said by PunkChildP:

said by Quake110:

said by JenSuisUn:

Martin

The RCO needs to be below a certain percent to allow us to use the optimize button. We don't have it for all clients when the RCO is above the threshold.

Paul

How is RCO estimated? One can have good line stats but the RCO is high or over 100% (like in my case).

PunkChildP
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

PunkChildP

Premium Member

said by DrZEUS:

How is RCO estimated? One can have good line stats but the RCO is high or over 100% (like in my case).

I don't how the RCO is calculated.

Paul

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to DrZEUS

to DrZEUS
said by DrZEUS:

Let's see your stats.

DrZEUS
join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS

Click for full size
said by Mike2009:

said by DrZEUS:

Let's see your stats.

Weird part I can't figure out is why the RCO changes for me with DMT stats. Earlier after rebooting the modem the downlink RCO was 93%. Now it's 114%. Uplink stays steady at around 95%.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

What did the downstream noise margin look like when you were at 93% RCO. Just noticed your downstream tx power is zero! Something is up.
gruntlord6
join:2010-06-10
Barrie, ON

gruntlord6 to PunkChildP

to PunkChildP
said by PunkChildP:

said by Quake110:

said by JenSuisUn:

Martin

Paul

There is a button that upgrades the profile like that?

PunkChildP
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

PunkChildP

Premium Member

said by gruntlord6:

There is a button that upgrades the profile like that?

If the circumstances are right, Yes. Like it said the RCO needs to be under 80% on both Up and Down.

Paul
Khiera
join:2011-04-07
Courtice, ON

Khiera

Interesting. My RCO was below 60-65% and i was told that there was no optimize button on my account/profile.

PunkChildP
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

PunkChildP

Premium Member

said by Khiera:

Interesting. My RCO was below 60-65% and i was told that there was no optimize button on my account/profile.

Looks like you are already on the 14/1 profile specifically al1_d14272-5056_u1088-256

Thanks,
Paul
Khiera
join:2011-04-07
Courtice, ON

Khiera

Oh I have no issues with my profile now Just making an observation on my experience in relation to what I've been reading here, that's all.

Robleh
join:2009-07-14
canada

Robleh to PunkChildP

to PunkChildP
My last line check my RCO was at 91% told it was high, any reason why its high compared to other users ?

PunkChildP
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

PunkChildP

Premium Member

said by Robleh:

My last line check my RCO was at 91% told it was high, any reason why its high compared to other users ?

Can be any number of things from inside wiring, modem, jack, demarc, outside wiring, wiring at CO. Anything that causes impedance on the line can make the RCO high or the SNR low.

Paul