All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
yhp
join:2006-12-27
Philadelphia, PA

yhp to andyross

to andyross

Re: [DVR] Got "30 Rock" as a series recording?

said by andyross:

Since both are on the same channel, you won't really lose anything, although you may end up switching recordings at a weird time, and maybe lose a few seconds.

No thanks - I "lose a few seconds" already every time Xfinity puts local ads in the Colbert Report or Law & Order: CI reruns and fails to switch back in time. I don't know how they "enjoy" TV in the xecutive suites at Xfinity, but speaking for myself, I don't have ADD.

Maybe they should fix the software.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

said by yhp:

said by andyross:

Since both are on the same channel, you won't really lose anything, although you may end up switching recordings at a weird time, and maybe lose a few seconds.

No thanks - I "lose a few seconds" already every time Xfinity puts local ads in the Colbert Report or Law & Order: CI reruns and fails to switch back in time.

Have you contacted the local Comcast Spotlight rep about that? They love to know when their ads are screwed up.
»www.comcastspotlight.com ··· ntact-us
yhp
Philadelphia, PA

yhp

said by DocDrew:

Have you contacted the local Comcast Spotlight rep about that?

I contacted Comcast about it, years ago and repeatedly, and for the same show (specifically, the morning rerun of Colbert).

And nothing happened. So I followed the advice offered here repeatedly: Lousy Comcast service? Adjust your lifestyle and expectations around their incompetence!

So I avoided the morning repeats, but their incompetence is now stepping on the new evening shows. Whatev. Can't do OTA. Can't get FIOS. If I want an edit of the show not made for crackheads, I have to pirate a copy.

They love to know when their ads are screwed up.

But it's not their ads that are screwed up. It's the TV shows I'm trying to watch between the ads.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

said by yhp:

said by DocDrew:

Have you contacted the local Comcast Spotlight rep about that?

I contacted Comcast about it, years ago and repeatedly, and for the same show (specifically, the morning rerun of Colbert).

And nothing happened. So I followed the advice offered here repeatedly: Lousy Comcast service? Adjust your lifestyle and expectations around their incompetence!

So I avoided the morning repeats, but their incompetence is now stepping on the new evening shows. Whatev. Can't do OTA. Can't get FIOS. If I want an edit of the show not made for crackheads, I have to pirate a copy.

They love to know when their ads are screwed up.

But it's not their ads that are screwed up. It's the TV shows I'm trying to watch between the ads.

Have you contacted Spotlight? Not Comcast Cable.

The cable side can't do much about it, they don't control the ads or their timing.
yhp
Philadelphia, PA

1 edit

yhp

said by DocDrew:

Have you contacted Spotlight? Not Comcast Cable.

What is this, a sobriety test? I repeatedly contacted Comcast service with times and dates. If they couldn't find the right people - be it tech or ads - to solve the problem, I can only conclude they didn't give a shit.

Maybe you could provide a figure of how much time you would like me to reasonably spend on it. Because in the face of "We don't give a shit.", the time required to follow through to completion can stretch to xfinity.
mariod
join:2009-06-16

mariod

said by yhp:

I repeatedly contacted Comcast service with times and dates. If they couldn't find the right people - be it tech or ads - to solve the problem, I can only conclude they didn't give a shit.

This is just like the time I called the police about my taxes.

If the officer who responded couldn't find the right people to solve the problem, than I'm not to blame for not filing last year.