share rss forum feed

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to espaeth

Re: So

said by espaeth:

Most people couldn't estimate how many kilowatt hours their air conditioner uses in the summer, but they know when their bill is off.

I am not sure what exactly this point means anything other than how absurd it is to expect consumers to know whether their bill is correct or not.

said by Bill Neilson:

My parents and friends would not have even the SLIGHTEST clue how much they use per month

I bet they'd figure it out if they had a financial incentive to do so.

Ah, so on top of the bill we pay for the over-priced, under-performing service....we are now being told that the company has little to no incentive to actually bill consumers correctly because frankly, it is the consumers fault for not GUESSING correctly whether their bill is correct or not?

Is that it?

espaeth
Digital Plumber
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN
kudos:2
said by Bill Neilson:

said by espaeth:

said by Bill Neilson:

My parents and friends would not have even the SLIGHTEST clue how much they use per month

I bet they'd figure it out if they had a financial incentive to do so.

Ah, so on top of the bill we pay for the over-priced, under-performing service....we are now being told that the company has little to no incentive to actually bill consumers correctly because frankly, it is the consumers fault for not GUESSING correctly whether their bill is correct or not?

Is that it?

That's one possible way of completely misinterpreting what I said, yes.

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
said by espaeth:

That's one possible way of completely misinterpreting what I said, yes.

What exactly did I misinterpret?