spc
uniqs
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os to openbox9

to openbox9

Re: So

So Cox should just be able to make up whatever charges they want and bill you with no oversight?

I'm not excusing stupid customers, but there's tons of those who use the internet and can't tell you the difference between MB and Mb.

Close to you, Verizon will be laughing all the way to the bank when Cox catches people in this trap. With their lower speed plans, they will get people in overage fees. And FiOS installs will go through the roof.

In areas of competition, send Cox a message. CANCEL! Run away as fast as you can! Hit them the only place it can hurt, their wallet. You can't nickel and dime the customers you ran away to other companies.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

said by Os:

So Cox should just be able to make up whatever charges they want and bill you with no oversight?

Do you not look at your bill before paying it?
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

Ever heard of AutoPay? Why do you think so many companies push that?

It's because stupid customers will just write the check or pay the credit card interest and never notice anything different.

ISP's can't have it both ways. They can't have meters and not be regulated. Of course, regulation is the evil word in this country, unless they're regulations bought and paid for by the industries themselves.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

said by Os:

Ever heard of AutoPay? Why do you think so many companies push that?

Yes, and I use it in several situations. I also review my bills at least a week prior to payments being pulled.