spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Hobo Clown

join:2011-08-03

[IL] Internet Down in Central Illinois?

Anybody else in central Illinois have an outage?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103

There is a large outage affecting IL and IN at the moment. There is no ETA but technicians are on-site.

Hobo Clown

It must be bad because I am tethering to my phone and the speeds suck I usually get 4-5 Mbps on my phone and it is crawling so everyone must be tethering.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

Well hopefully we can get you off of that connection soon. Thank you for your patience.

Hobo Clown

Thanks Chad This usually happens once or twice a year hopefully it is not a 2-3 day thing like last time.
Mediacom has forced me to get out my shortwave radio and I am listening to crazy preachers and anti government broadcasts rescue me Chad.

GLIMMER

join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

I'm just tired of media com over selling nodes and then taking months and months to fix it. For what I pay mediacom I can get 2 7.1 DSL lines

Hobo Clown

This has nothing to do with being oversold it is an outage it happens the system was designed by humans it is not perfect.
It seems to be fixed now

Hobo Clown

reply to GLIMMER

Then why are you still a customer

GLIMMER

join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

said by Hobo Clown:

Then why are you still a customer

its called either get mediacrap which was good till they went door to door selling service or get frontier dsl. Lesser of 2 evils. on a side since i call and complain everyday about the service it is costing mediacom money. they did finally give me a credit it took 2 months of complaining.

also if they were not only tied to one backbone they would not have area outages. I had comcast for years till I moved to a small town and never once had a major outage like today. There NOC sucks if they even have one.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

Glimmer I would be more than happy to assist you with any service trouble you experience. There is no reason you should have to continue to deal with problems we can fix. IM your account information and I will do everything I can.