uniqs

flwpwr
@comcast.net

flwpwr to rody_44

Anon

to rody_44

Re: House ran off Line extender

said by rody_44:

Inside yes, but i worked for comcast for more than 10 years and now work for service electric. Never have i seen the test ports outside where a drop can be hooked to it.

Go look at the old General Electric stuff then, removable cap on the front cover that opens a hole directly to the internal test ports. And I mean OLD stuff had this, newer moto still has it, since they bought general electric and use basically the same case designs, if only it was more exact since a lot times they just don't line up to a usable level. Making it better to just open the case instead of risk wasting time.

As to the OP, possible he is coming out of a Pin2F off the actual output of a LE or more likely Bridger. And yes this is stupid any noise from loose fittings, bad fittings, whatever, you shoot straight into the system then. Which should be a REAL MEN OF GENIUS commercial all to itself. Sacrificing the entire network stability for that extra 3 dB - real men of genius.

QR320 off of a output port on a Bridger = maintenance is going to kill them when they find them after tracking down the HSI/CDV outage from noise when they screwed up the QR 320 fitting. YAY. You either have a long drop and they though you needed the extra omph, or they just did not want to cut in a tap, probably a contractor who gets paid piece work, typical idiocy they do...
flwpwr

flwpwr

Anon

bah extra 13 dB >
neufuse
join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

neufuse to flwpwr

to flwpwr
I wouldn't consider a ~100ft drop a long drop, but that's me *lol* it was a whole 100ish ft from the grounding block on my house to the ped in my yard... I think they just didn't want to bore under the road to get to the closest ped