share rss forum feed

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
reply to billydunwood

Re: [General] Recycling Theft and the people that do it

California should just get rid of the CRV then. Other states have great recycling participation without a CRV. But California get rid of a tax? Not likley.
--
What smells like blue?

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state
kudos:2
said by Omega:

California should just get rid of the CRV then. Other states have great recycling participation without a CRV. But California get rid of a tax? Not likley.

Completley agree. CA is a tax state. We don't need more taxes!
--
No Victim=No Crime

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to billydunwood
we get lots of other thefts in my area, rural DE.....copper thefts from farms is a big one.....also with my line of work (cable lineman) i find lots of copper grounds on electric poles cut......even had a couple thefts from vacant houses.....

there are harmless thefts, i can see rummaging through trash bins on public property (back alleys, and such), but on someones property is a little much....
--
I'm better than you!

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state
kudos:2
said by gar187er:

we get lots of other thefts in my area, rural DE.....copper thefts from farms is a big one.....also with my line of work (cable lineman) i find lots of copper grounds on electric poles cut......even had a couple thefts from vacant houses.....

there are harmless thefts, i can see rummaging through trash bins on public property (back alleys, and such), but on someones property is a little much....

Yup, agreed. On the streets, I just pass by them and give them a funny face, nothing more. But when they go on people's poroperty way too much. And, if/when the economy gets worse, they wil move from stealing recyclables, to stealing stuff from cars and houses. And since they already go on other's property they have a head start...
--
No Victim=No Crime

bassjunky

join:2005-05-12
Aubrey, TX
reply to thegeek
said by thegeek:

Move to a nicer area where there aren't a bunch of crooks roaming the streets?

Yeah, that's a reasonable solution, just move! /s