uniqs

Kramantu
@hp.com

Kramantu

Anon

[Theory] New MoP Achievement

I think the most suitingly'new' achievement to be introduced at MoP will be;

"I've seen it All, I know it All!"

Description : Achieve Maximum level characters in all of the 10 (probably 11 once MoP comes out) types of classes.

Rewards : A super cool and awesomely looking mount(fastest speed) that becomes the new envy of all WoW players. Add a 'The Wickedly Wise' title to boot.

Reason : It is difficul to achieve due to the sheer work, but still achievable if you keep working on it and cath up on all toon before the expension completes (new level cap on each toon before you get the achievement - hence why it states as 'max level' in the above clause)

Just my thoughts. Wondering what others think would be most appropriate and why?

Arthritis
join:2011-10-20
Canada

Arthritis

Finally a great reward for all the raging alt-o-holics out there like myself.

The title is pretty cool in itself, let alone a unique mount.

I'm really getting excited for this expansion. The glyph changes are absolutely awesome as well.

Gork
Ou812ic
join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

Gork to Kramantu

to Kramantu
said by Kramantu :

if you keep working on it and cath up

So you can remain in front of the computer playing WoW for longer periods of time?
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Kramantu

to Kramantu
I have 9 85's and working on the 10th, it should be done next week (lvl 79 right now)..

Yeah the monk one is gonna take some time, any word of new heirlooms that give some more XP bonus (1-90 perhaps?)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Kramantu

Premium Member

to Kramantu
So they're finaly doing account level achevments, cool.

btw I would assume the heirloom legs might finaly come out and might be good the rest of the way to 90
Hazmat
join:2007-07-10
Laveen, AZ

Hazmat to Kramantu

to Kramantu
I sure hope that it is an achievement obtainable at the start of MoP, because, in that case, it's mine already.

Otherwise, it means I have to level all 10 current alts (which cover all the available classes to date) to 90, PLUS, I have to level a new alt monk from 1 to 90 first

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I'd bet there'd be something like 5.0.0 that'd be pre-MoP but have some of the new stuff

as this looks to be an example of a account wide achevment that might be a feature that'll be in the Pre-MoP patch and thus you might get it before MoP

just guesses

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to Kramantu

Premium Member

to Kramantu
Is this an actual new achieve or something the OP just would like to see implemented?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

looks to be an achev

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to Kramantu

to Kramantu
I should have had this last year.....
No cheating using RAF either.

Think I am up to 20 85's now.
bpoff17
join:2009-03-31

bpoff17 to Kramantu

to Kramantu
I wonder if this counts across realms or if they all have to be on one realm. This would be something right up my alley, but I've already got two max level priests, so I would have to delete one.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

I assume this is them leveraging account-wide achievements, so I'm sure it will allow multiple servers.
Hazmat
Laveen, AZ

Hazmat to Lothario

to Lothario
said by Lothario:

I should have had this last year.....
No cheating using RAF either.

Think I am up to 20 85's now.

Never used RAF, but, 20 - 85's O.O

I /bow before your superior altitis!

I did 8/10 of mine during Vanilla, when we waited for a very long time for the xpac. One during Burning Crusdade, and my DK when Wrath came out. Kept leveling them all as I went along...

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Kramantu

MVM

to Kramantu
As someone with a full set of 20 level 85 toons with all classes covered for both factions, I say bring it on. They can't make it 11 unless they increase the number of toons per server, hence the reason I don't have a goblin or worgen. It isn't that I don't want to start them, I just don't feel like doing it on a new server. Though I'm starting to get bored and might just do that.

wopatoolie
@108.237.22.x

wopatoolie to Kramantu

Anon

to Kramantu
stupid, since this is just beta and no one gives a sh*t (including blizz), the achieve could have been gotten by bug or other non legit way. how about a reward such as what other long time players have gotten recently like BUPKIS, NOTHING, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA ETC.... i honestly dont care any more, blizz has officially let this game go in the crapper with nothing but the same quests but dif npc's, and trashing the last vestige of unique-nes we had by revamping the skill point system. 6 points total out of 90 levels... 1 every 15 lvls? ...that is just sad. and i wasnt even here since vanilla, i only started 6mos before cata. still f*cking sad. good luck with this crap blizz, i and most of the people who enjoyed this game before you tried to fix what wasnt broken are gone man.
Derlos
Premium Member
join:2009-10-28
Rigaud, QC

Derlos

Premium Member

said by wopatoolie :

i wasnt even here since vanilla, i only started 6mos before cata. still f*cking sad. good luck with this crap blizz, i and most of the people who enjoyed this game before you tried to fix what wasnt broken are gone man.

said by wopatoolie :

how about a reward such as what other long time players have gotten recently like BUPKIS, NOTHING, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA ETC.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

1 recommendation

stvnbrs to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
said by Kilroy:

They can't make it 11 unless they increase the number of toons per server,

Blizz has stated that the slots-per-realm will increase to 11.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
said by Kilroy:

As someone with a full set of 20 level 85 toons with all classes covered for both factions, I say bring it on. They can't make it 11 unless they increase the number of toons per server, hence the reason I don't have a goblin or worgen. It isn't that I don't want to start them, I just don't feel like doing it on a new server. Though I'm starting to get bored and might just do that.

With the new raised limit of toons per server you're going to have to level 2 more toons and get to 22.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge to wopatoolie

Premium Member

to wopatoolie
It was broken. If they had stuck with the original number of talents, they'd have to come up with new stuff for all 3 trees for every class, and you'd still have people mathing it out and saying, "This is your best DPs spec." Currently, you can skip what are considered core abilities for every class/spec.

With the new system, you can't skip abilities. It makes it easier to balance classes/specs. The new talents can allow you to customize your character, and still be in the same range of DPS as anyone else with the same class, but different talents. Heck, you can even do okay in PvE and PvP with the same set of talents. You can't really do that now - it's either PvP talents or PvE talents where you have the option.

Yes, they are simplifying it - but that's a good thing. I've tried SWTOR - both a beta weekend and a recent free trial - and the talent system is just intimidating. I had less issues picking my talents in vanilla wow - before there were a lot of sites up to guide you - than I did in SWTOR. Too many options can be more of a problem than too few.

If you only started 6 months before Cataclysm, you've had it EASY.

Also, this is not a real achievement, so nerdraging over it is simply just fun to watch. If you do actually leave, to be honest, most of us won't miss you.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

If there is ANY differance in how a talent effects a toon's performance it will be calculated out.

If its pure cosmedic then its crap.

so its fine as is was better in wrath but its ok for now.

If blizz makes the talents pure cosmedic then it'll just be like them taking a BIG #2 on everyone.
Derlos
Premium Member
join:2009-10-28
Rigaud, QC

Derlos

Premium Member

If performance strictly means DPS or HPS types of evaluation, I agree. However, performance doesn't have to be limited to these metrics. I like the fact that they are trying to allow a variety of talent choices while keeping dps/hps performance on par.

If the system stays as it is, they might as well get rid of talents all together. Anyone remotely interested in their relative damage/throughput ect. in pve will have a cookie cutter spec. There is no diversity or choice here at all. It would be just as easy for bliz to min/max every class spec, box it up and send it out. The vast majority (with the exception of those theorycrafting this stuff) are simply copying the spec from elsewhere.

Fiftycals
join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX

Fiftycals to Kramantu

to Kramantu
Wonder if this will be a achiev you'll have to earn on one server or will it recognize cross server characters

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega to wopatoolie

Premium Member

to wopatoolie
said by wopatoolie :

stupid, since this is just beta and no one gives a sh*t (including blizz), the achieve could have been gotten by bug or other non legit way. how about a reward such as what other long time players have gotten recently like BUPKIS, NOTHING, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA ETC.... i honestly dont care any more, blizz has officially let this game go in the crapper with nothing but the same quests but dif npc's, and trashing the last vestige of unique-nes we had by revamping the skill point system. 6 points total out of 90 levels... 1 every 15 lvls? ...that is just sad. and i wasnt even here since vanilla, i only started 6mos before cata. still f*cking sad. good luck with this crap blizz, i and most of the people who enjoyed this game before you tried to fix what wasnt broken are gone man.

Your entire post is meaningless because you started in WOTLK. You are a WOTLK noob and cannot comment about how good WoW was in classic and TBC.

I started playing in classic, and became disinterested with the game. So, I simply stopped playing.

Gork
Ou812ic
join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

Gork to bpoff17

to bpoff17
said by bpoff17:

I wonder if this counts across realms or if they all have to be on one realm.

I've also wondered if they are going to be associated with battle.net accounts or if they have to completed on a single wow account. i assume the latter. "My own" completed achievement of having all professions maxed out is scattered across my three accounts. So I assume it probably won't count if Blizzard comes up with the same achievement.
Hazmat
Laveen, AZ

Hazmat to Kramantu

to Kramantu
I may have misunderstood you.

I tried to find mention of this achievement anywhere else, but have failed.

So, is this wishful thinking in your part, or did I miss where Blizz posted it?

Because I both think it is a worthwhile achievement, even sans mount, and is one I would look forward to obtaining, though I may have to level a monk from 1 to 90 to obtain.

Kramantu
@hp.com

Kramantu

Anon

Purely wishfull. I just thought that this would be a suiting achievement. Wha tdo you guys think?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to wopatoolie

Premium Member

to wopatoolie
you seem a tad butthurt there pal

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Kramantu

MVM

to Kramantu
I think "Collected the whole set" would be a better title. With a toon title of "the collector" or "the altoholic"

for having maximum skills in all professions "Professions Master" for both the achievement and toon title.

I'd like for others to be able to look at one of my toons and know how much of the game I have experienced. Nothing like trying to tell people in LFD the best way to do something and then have them do their own thing. Which at the best level makes the game harder or the fight longer and at the worst results in a wipe.